INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY camera INDI problems

• Thank you received: 10
Hello,

My latest attempt on the newest indi-qhy driver only :( functions to connect with the QHY5 camera. Could someone post the cameras they expect, or tested, with the INDI driver? Are there specific command lines which are needed to get KStars or KStars-bleeding to run QHY cameras?

Also, I would like to ask all QHY camera INDI discussions come to this thread. I realize that many are trying to use the SDK found on the QHYCCD forum. This code has many problems. It was an attempt to provide insights of how QHY Windows software functions, provide some Linux routines, and provide important firmware function definitions. The problem is, it contains code which is not compatible with Linux.

I am hoping we can test and provide Jasem with of the needed information to have a fully functional INDI driver for QHY cameras. By now, I hope that everyone knows the SDK has problems. I also hope that everyone knows, these 2 Linux code sources are working :cheer: on most all QHY camera models.

github.com/OpenSkyProject/OpenSkyImager

sourceforge.net/projects/linguider/files/

Best wishes,
Dan
9 years 11 months ago #906

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Giovanni on topic QHY camera INDI problems

Hello,
I have a QHY5-II mono and I am available to execute tests in order to support the team work with this camera!

Best Regards,
Giovanni
9 years 11 months ago #907

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Sébastien on topic QHY camera INDI problems

Hello,

Same thing for me with my QHY5. If you need help, I can make a lot of test.

Bye

Sébastien.
Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon using PPA for latest KStars-bleeding and INDI
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with StellarMate
Atik 314E - ASI120M - CG5 with Celestron C9.25
9 years 11 months ago #910

I'm actually not involved with QHY driver, but Peter is. Peter, can you update us on the status of the driver please?
9 years 11 months ago #935

• Thank you received: 174
We're not working on this driver anymore, QHY is not willing to share anything else than undocumented source code of their SDK (some cameras only and not working anyway) and I it is not the way we want to go. But I believe Dan is doing something in this matter, am I right Dan?
9 years 11 months ago #936

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Giovanni on topic QHY camera INDI problems

It's a pity Ekos won't support these devices. It is also weird how lin_guider, OSI and other programs work well with these cameras. I hope you will consider to come back to this decision but, if you feel confident you won't, please let us know. I personally in charge of my star-gazers association's observatory automation and I have to consider different solution if no hope in Ekos to be working with this equipment.

Thanks in advance,
gg.
9 years 11 months ago #937

• Thank you received: 174

Giovanni, I just told that we (CloudMakers, not INDI community) will not continue with this particular driver development (and why) and that I believe, that Dan and his friends (BTW I think they are related to OSI project) will continue. It seems they have necessary hardware and information we don't have.
9 years 11 months ago #943

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Dan Holler on topic QHY camera INDI problems

Hello,
In one week, QHY will be at NEAF, a large astronomy function in the United States. At that time, they will likely unveil new cameras and software ideas. I will not be there myself, but, I definitely know this discussion will benefit from what is about to happen. I know for a fact, QHY would like to see INDI drivers develop for their cameras. I also know the language limitations are hampering documentation and development in general. For that, I will do everything possible to assist.

I, myself, can presently test the following cameras: QHY2(old), QHY8(old), QHY5, QHY5L-II mono, QHY7, QHY9C, and QHY11C. And while I can probably get any of the hardware things one would like to know, I am not a programmer by profession. I wrote the first QHYimager, from which, the current OSI project is structured on. But Giampiero is the author of that project, and, he has no interest in INDI.

With regard to users of the QHY5-II series cameras, one should be aware this might have problems with the newest Lin_guider release, and, possibly with KStars should these changes in timing be promulgated to KStars guiding routines. This particular camera family is very sensitive to usb timing and what will work on one CPU is not necessarily a solution for others to follow.

Best wishes,
Dan
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Dan Holler. Reason: typo
9 years 11 months ago #945

I would like to add that the QHY driver is open source, anyone is welcome to pick up the task for supporting these cameras under INDI as clearly no reliable SDK nor documentation is available for the time being.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 11 months ago #946

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds