Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Polar Alignment with QHY Mini-Guidescope and QHY 5II-M

Polar Alignment with QHY Mini-Guidescope and QHY 5II-M 2 weeks 4 days ago #20702

• RDBeck
  • RDBeck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been trying to use the polar alignment routine with my miniguidescope (130mm focal length) and the 5II-M camera since mid-July and never had success. FOV is 2.9x2.3 arc degrees. I can't seem to plate solve with this combination, and I have assumed it was camera noise that dark subtraction didn't correct. I have binned 2x2 and don't recall at the moment what exposure durations I tried. I'm looking for suggestions to see if I can get this to work.

I have been able to polar align with my ASI 224MC on either the guidescope (FOV 2.1x1.6 arc degrees) or my primary scope (FOV 0.6x0.4 arc degrees) so it's not a plate solving issue, per se.

Both PHD2 and the internal guider are able to handle the noise on the QHY 5II-M, and guiding seems reasonable.

Thanks,

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Polar Alignment with QHY Mini-Guidescope and QHY 5II-M 2 weeks 4 days ago #20705

• kengs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Try capturing an image with the QHY 5II-M and plate solve that directly to see if that works. It might be just the plate solve settings.

Ubuntu 16.04 AMD64, RPi3 Ubuntu Mate 16.04, Windows 8.1 AMD64
EQ6 Pro, Atik420, ASI1600MM-C, ASI120MM-S, DBK21AU04, ZWO EFW
Vixen R150S, GSO RC8, ST80

Polar Alignment with QHY Mini-Guidescope and QHY 5II-M 2 weeks 4 days ago #20706

• RDBeck
  • RDBeck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'll try that the next time I'm out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica