INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Small problem with additional Kstars languages

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone
I have a small problem with Kstars
I had to reinstall kubuntu .... Before I tried with KDE Neon (both the LTE and the user edition) and from kstars I could not download the catalogs and images (I clicked on install but nothing happened) then changed the language only American English (no other language).
Now I have installed Kubuntu 17.10 and can download catalogs and images but I still do not see any language except American English ...
Kstars has problems under Neon or Kubuntu 17.10?
I have installed PPA as usual (sudo apt install indi-full kstars-bleeding) and so far I have never given these problems (small actually)
I can safely live with English, but if you have any idea how I can install additional languages (I am Italian) I would like to fix it all
Thank you

Sorry for english google :-)

Paolo

Salve a tutti
Ho un piccolo problema con Kstars
Ho dovuto reinstallare kubuntu.... Prima ho provato con KDE Neon (sia la LTE che la user edition) e da kstars non riuscivo a scaricare i cataloghi e le immagini (cliccavo su installa ma non succedeva niente), poi per cambiare lingua risultava solo American English (nessuna altra lingua).
Adesso ho installato Kubuntu 17.10 e riesco a scaricare i cataloghi e le immagini ma continuo a non vedere nessuna lingua eccetto American English...
Kstars ha dei problemi sotto Neon o Kubuntu 17.10?
Ho installato da PPA come sempre (sudo apt install indi-full kstars-bleeding) e fino ad ora non mi aveva mai dato questi problemi (piccoli in realtà)
Posso tranquillamente convivere con la lingua inglese, ma se avete idea di come posso installare le lingue aggiuntive (sono italiano) vorrei sistemare il tutto
Grazie

Scusate per l'inglese google :-)

Paolo
6 years 4 months ago #20977

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
Please install kde-l10n-xx and change the language of help.
(The xx part is the name of each country.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo Casarini
6 years 4 months ago #21064

Hi T-Studio
Thanks for your answer
the kde-l10n-it file is already installed ... The system is all in Italian
The only thing different is the mapping of the keyboard that is GB. (I tried to put it IT but nothing changed in kstars)
With the previous version of kubuntu (16.04) everything ok.
Unfortunately I'm not a top of linux and I do not know what to do anymore
Thanks again

Paul
6 years 4 months ago #21076

I just got it working with Italian by this:
sudo apt-get install language-pack-kde-it

Then started KStars --> Help --> Switch Language --> Selected Italian. Then restarted KStars and it was in Italian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo Casarini
6 years 4 months ago #21077

Hi Jasem
The language-pack-kde-it package is already installed to the latest version
The strange thing is that I had installed two versions of Neon and, besides the language, did not allow me to install Kstars' additional packages (catalogs)
With Kubuntu 17.10 packages are installed but still no language .... maybe problems with the plasma version (too recent?).
Now I try on 17.04 on another disk (with a live version I could temporarily install Kstars and try it out?
Thank you
Grazie

Paolo
6 years 4 months ago #21079

I installed kubuntu 17.04 and can use the Italian language ... I could not find out why with the 17.10 and the neon distro could not ...
Anyway now it seems to go as before (I'll see on the field ..)

The only thing is, when I try to download extra data, the "shrple HII region" and "Hickson compact groups" catalogs tell me immediately "I can not install - File not found ...
Even the package "NGC Images displayed in the detail windows" by the same error but not immediately, does so after a couple of minutes ...
I wonder if it is not normal or if the above files are not currently available ...
I wanted to know if I can download extra data (all but USNO) and install them offline ... (site where download and destination folder on Linux)

Thank you

Paolo
6 years 4 months ago #21288

It seems the issue with Sharpless and Hickson catalogs is random, it happens to some users and not others.. maybe due to mirrors? Not really sure. Everything can be installed offline without using GetHotNewStuff tool.
KNewStuff file contains all the links to download. Extract all to ~/.local/share/kstars
6 years 4 months ago #21293

Time to create page: 0.742 seconds