INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron CGEM support

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I'm trying to access to celestron cgem mount using indi_celestron_gps but I don't get any response. Is this driver compatible con CGEM?
I've connected the mount with nextar hand control and this one to a computer with rs232 cable and Prolific USB adapter.

Thanks in advance.
9 years 11 months ago #996

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Celestron CGEM support

AFAIK, Celestron uses one protocol for all Nexstar mounts. Please check the FAQ for common issues when connecting to telescopes under Linux.
9 years 11 months ago #997

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I've connected one synscan mount without problems in this computer but I cannot do it with nexstar hand control and indi_celestron_gps.

I've learned at www.nexstarsite.com/PCControl.htm that there are seven different nexstar hand controls and CGEM would be version 4. I've tried to access at serial port using 9600 8-N-1 settings (www.celestron.com/c3/images/files/downlo...36_cgem11097inst.pdf) from minicom in linux, putty in Windows 8 and hyperterminal in Windows XP without response.

However NexRemote software in Windows XP works. So I cannot find the source of the problem. NexRemote works and hyperterminal does not? How can this be possible? Has Version 4 hand control different serial settings or commands? I have no clue.

Greetings.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Fernando Fernandez.
9 years 11 months ago #1020

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds