INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can anyone share Pictures of a RasPi astro setup

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Helge, so on the bottom on the rpi3 board there are two round copper coloured terminals. I powered the rpi3 up via the micro USB and with a multimeter checked + and - and then soldered two wires which goto the converter. I powered up the converter and tuned it to 5VDC and soldered it. Works perfectly.

The other way u can do it is via the GPIO. Just find the 5VDC (PIN4) in and a ground (PIN^6) and connect to it. This is how i did my rpi0w. Works unreal. See image for GPIO headers.

regards
6 years 3 months ago #21763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #21764
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 31
I run my Losmandy Gemini 2, QSI camera, Lodestar x2 and Microtouch focuser from the four USB ports and if away from Home a Web Router from the Ethernet port.
6 years 3 months ago #21766
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
I've been running a 350d with shutter release on serial port, Moonlite compatible Arduino based focuser (SGLPro) with a stepper driving the lens in manual mode with a belt. It all sits on a Losmandy GM-8 (Gemini 1). Running Ekos from a RPi3 on Ubuntu Mate which does everything - camera control, focusing, mount control, plate solves, etc. Wiring is in dire need of sorting out...!

With an 85mm lens I have taken some images lately from here in the UK which you're welcome to use with credits - see:

www.chromosphere.co.uk/2017/12/18/widefi...d-spaghetti-nebulae/
www.chromosphere.co.uk/2017/12/15/belt-sword-loop/
www.chromosphere.co.uk/2017/11/29/widefi...soul-double-cluster/
6 years 3 months ago #21769

The following user(s) said Thank You: Graeme Coates
6 years 3 months ago #21771

• Thank you received: 16

This is set up inside as it is raining outside, again.

The usbhub (PiHut 7 port) is cable tied to the pi ontop of a dovetail bar. (It has an annoying red LED under the cable tie.)
The red object to the left the the main camera, ASI 1600 Mono cooled. There is a built in usb hub which is connected to the EFW. The long light grey USB cable is wrapped around the scope above its attachment to the mount. It is joined by the dark grey USB cable from the QHY guidecamera.
The next black this with the black wire trailing back to the USB hub on the ASI 1600 is the EFW mini.
Next is the OAG with the QHY 5 II mono. (ST4 cable not connected at present)
Nexit is the Flattner Reducer
Next the Moonlite focuser (nice anonised orange)
The scope is and 80mm ED refractor.

Due to the weight of the cameras and focuser, I had to put a counterweight ADM on a dovetail, round thing seen to right on the silver threaded rod.

Note the lack of attention to detail in neatening up the wires.

You could call this the spagetti setup.

Pi and Hub are powered from Voltage regulator

The Voltage regulators are in a weatherproof box hanging off the tripod beside the hand controller. This is fed with 12V.

The large bunch of cables snaking round the tripod include:-
Wired network cable
Two power cords - RPi and Hub
Moonlite focuser serial and USB cables
Mount cable Serial to USB. (White cable with Blue USB connector CE)

If it starts raining when I have set up outside, I throw a big waterproof bag over the lot, like the one used to store backgarden chairs or cover a BBQ.

The USB cables with the serial to USB converted usually like to be connected directly to the RPi.
The USB cable coming from the QHY5-II-M, really likes being plugged into the powered USB hub.
I could not get things working nicely by powering the Pi from the hub. So I connceted it via the micro USB connctor, I cut the other end off and soldered the 5V and ground wires to the Voltage regulator.

Now if the clouds/rain would clear, I could do something more useful.
6 years 3 months ago #21860
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds