INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solver, synchronization, alignment problems

• Thank you received: 37
@T-Studio: I see on your screenshots, you are a Japanese astro-fellow! I started to learn Japanese a few weeks ago! :)

Regarding the Skywatcher Alt/Az driver:
- I am not the original author of that driver, but I made bigger changes/fixes this year.
- The Synscan driver is far more better now than the Skywatcher Alt/Az driver. If you have a Synscan handset and you can connect to your PC, I would recommend now to use that driver.

Known issues in the Skywatcher Alt/Az driver:
- The driver is currently sufficient for naked-eye observing, but not too much for astrophotography. You can manage maximum a few seconds of exposure with bigger lenses or with telescope.
- The tracking is more-or-less okay, but it does not calculate the coordinates absolute correctly.
- If you run your mount for many hours on different targets, the alignment subsystem can go crazy and a INDI/KStars restart is needed. _Never leave your telescope unattended in tracking mode or executing tasks in Scheduler for a longer period._
- I will fix some problems these weeks, but I don't have a time estimate when they will be fixed.
- I did not use Skywatcher Alt/Az driver a month ago, I don't know if the alignment subsystem went broken.

Honestly, I don't understand your problems completely, but here are some considerations for the syncing:
- The synced points are "forgotten" after you stop INDI server and the telescope. => You must sync 3-5 points every time after you start a new observation session to get an accurate model inside the alignment subsystem.
- Try to sync the _first 3-4 points_ between far points: move your mount in a new position 5-10 degrees away and do a new platesolving with syncing.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Csaba Kertesz.
6 years 3 months ago #21738

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
Hello

I also think that it is a problem of the alignment subsystem.
Until a few days ago this problem did not come out.
The trouble is that the pointer suddenly moves to a completely different position when you sync. (Since symptoms appear at the third time, SOLVE is dealt with up to 2 times.)

Can you solve this problem?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by T-Studio.
6 years 3 months ago #21752

kecsap

Hello, I am using handmade serial USB cable instead of hand controller.

Alignment subsystem has had problems before, but it was realistic to use Solver & Sync more than once.

However, if Solver & Sync is executed more than once in the latest update, the mount position will be greatly disturbed.

(Because I seem to be able to do Solver & Sync up to 2 times, I ran it up to twice yesterday and used it.)
6 years 3 months ago #21753

@T-Studio: Thank you for the confirmation. It is clear now that the recent changes in the alignment subsystem caused problems in the operation for multiple drivers.

Just out of curiosity, what kind a mount do you use with the driver?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Csaba Kertesz.
6 years 3 months ago #21761

kecsap

Thank you for your reply.
My equipment is as follows.

· Celestron AdvancedVX
· SkyExplorer SE - AT 100n (SkyWacher Virtuoso) + original serial cable
· Homebrew BBox (Wifi connection)
· QHY5lc
· LODESTAR
· Canon EOS 550

In the past, I used the environment of Windows, Ascom and Skysafari differently, but since I can now control all with INDI, I changed the environment to INDI.

INDI is

·RaspberryPi3
·Orange Pi Plus 2
·Beelink AP 34
Three models of ubuntu

Remote is using MacPro.
6 years 3 months ago #21767

SkyExplorer SE - AT 100n (SkyWacher Virtuoso) is not hand controller, we use Skywacher ALTAZ driver because it is controlled by our own serial cable.
This is used for the electronic view from the veranda.

DSC created an encoder system for Binoculars, BBox compatible control box for Wifi connection.

The photograph uses 102mm triplet refraction (for nebula, star group) and C9 1/4 (for planet) for AdvancedVX mount.

Recently I am trying electronic view with CCDciel and Ekos.
6 years 3 months ago #21768

• Thank you received: 88
Hi,
I've tried to not modify the alignment procedure in case of an ALTAZ mount, leaving the code as is, but no luck. Sorry for that.
I will have a look to the driver code, but which one should I use ? skywatcherAPI, skywatcherAPIMount, synscanmount ?
And it seems that synscanmount also supports EQ mounts.
6 years 3 months ago #21774

Synscan driver does not have alignment module anymore, I removed that after I implemented syncing the points to the handset properly.

skywatcherAPIMount supports only Alt/Az mounts.
6 years 3 months ago #21775

Hello

I am using SkyExplorer SE - AT 100n (SkyWacher Virtuoso) without a hand controller.
So I was using the previous skywatcherAPIMount.

Currently I am using the Skywatcher ALTAZ driver.

The DSC driver also used the same alignment subsystem and has not worked well since before.
Formerly Jasem told me that a person named LUC is working on the fix, but we have not heard that the fix has been completed.
6 years 3 months ago #21779

@T-Studio: Couple of comments.

SkywatcherAPIMount is the same like Skywatcher Alt/Az driver. I renamed because SkywatcherAPIMount was an awkward name.

indilib.org/forum/mounts/2519-about-sett...f-alignment-tab.html

Usually, you don't have to do anything with this tab.
Home position: This position must be predefined. I followed the common sense by adapting the "home position" from the Skywatcher Virtuoso manual. The telescope/DSLR must be pointed to North and the vertical degree to your local latitude. You are right that this position can be made configurable in this driver.

Syncing in home position (only in Skywatcher Alt-Az driver): if you start INDI/KStars and your Virtuoso is in home position and parking state when you make a syncing that does not add the point to the alignment model, but it basically "resets the home position" with the encoders. After you unpark your telescope, this option is not available anymore.
6 years 3 months ago #21788

kecsap

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I am setting the azimuth axis north and the vertical axis the latitude of my environment.
After that, I canceled the park, moved to any star, made a solver & sink and aligned it.

However, until now solver and sink were executed every time it was observed, but I was able to accurately introduce the goal, but solver is the 3rd solver & sink and solver will succeed but sink The mount position shifts greatly afterwards, then the solver does not succeed.
6 years 3 months ago #21818

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds