INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solver, synchronization, alignment problems

• Thank you received: 30
  • Thank you received: 37
@T-Studio: Couple of comments.

SkywatcherAPIMount is the same like Skywatcher Alt/Az driver. I renamed because SkywatcherAPIMount was an awkward name.

indilib.org/forum/mounts/2519-about-sett...f-alignment-tab.html

Usually, you don't have to do anything with this tab.
Home position: This position must be predefined. I followed the common sense by adapting the "home position" from the Skywatcher Virtuoso manual. The telescope/DSLR must be pointed to North and the vertical degree to your local latitude. You are right that this position can be made configurable in this driver.

Syncing in home position (only in Skywatcher Alt-Az driver): if you start INDI/KStars and your Virtuoso is in home position and parking state when you make a syncing that does not add the point to the alignment model, but it basically "resets the home position" with the encoders. After you unpark your telescope, this option is not available anymore.
6 years 3 months ago #21788

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kecsap

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I am setting the azimuth axis north and the vertical axis the latitude of my environment.
After that, I canceled the park, moved to any star, made a solver & sink and aligned it.

However, until now solver and sink were executed every time it was observed, but I was able to accurately introduce the goal, but solver is the 3rd solver & sink and solver will succeed but sink The mount position shifts greatly afterwards, then the solver does not succeed.
6 years 3 months ago #21818

It improved by updating.
Thank you.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by T-Studio.
6 years 3 months ago #21955

• Thank you received: 37
Yeap, I reverted the latest changes what broke the drivers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T-Studio
6 years 3 months ago #21956

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds