INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remotely powering up and shutting down rpi3

• Thank you received: 140
Hi all,
I now have my remote set up complete, all,the software talking and all kit connected to my RPi3, so how do you guys remotely power up your RPi3, and what do you do as regards shutting it down at the end of a session, obviously as soon as you connect power to the rpi3it powers up as no on/off switch, so how do you do that remotely, and when ending a session do you just cut the power to the RPi3, or shut it down another way...
Thanks
AB
6 years 2 months ago #22267

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37
If your system does not go on battery power, I would advise to keep the Raspberry Pi running. It consumes so little power, that it is negligible in my opinion. It is not worth the effort and the possible complications when it is powered it up again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
6 years 2 months ago #22275

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Remotely powering up and shutting down rpi3

Yes, I have noticed that when I power off the RPi3, it seems to take a while to regain network connection when powered back up, is this normal, i use a network cable....
6 years 2 months ago #22276

• Thank you received: 37
If you let the Raspberry to power down itself (e.g. "sudo poweroff" in command line), it should wake up (at least on Raspbian) inside 10 seconds. If you just cut the power, it may leave corruptions on the filesystem. It can result long boot time with filesystem check or even a complete fail to boot.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Csaba Kertesz.
6 years 2 months ago #22277

• Thank you received: 140
My issue is that I will be remotely connected to it, so difficult to bring up command line to shut down, I will remotely log in via windows PC using Kstars / Ekos, and use indi web manager through that...
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by AstroNerd.
6 years 2 months ago #22278

• Thank you received: 226
To issue terminal commands easily; use a simple terminal program like Putty to make an SSH connection to the Pi remotely.
6 years 3 weeks ago #23860

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds