INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pi3 and indi Server

• Thank you received: 4
Hoi

I like to create the Indi server on rasp pi 3 to be use to connect all my equipment and will use kstar as client on my mac to execute alle actions via wifi
my equipment si based on arduino focusser, canon40d, Lodestar guider, and FS2 or in the future OnStep.

I checked the beginners guide of James, Raspberry PI Beginner's Guide but this is full installation including star clients. My question is what to install to get this arrange. There are 4 usb connections, has the pi enough power or do need still a powered usb

are this commands enough and after install will the indi server start automatically. ready to operate. and are images transferred directly to the client
and what about delays for example with autoguiding

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade

What do I need to install more, please advise

Chris
6 years 1 month ago #22938

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Jeff Wilson on topic Pi3 and indi Server

This commands look about right. Alas, I don't have any of that specific equipment. I haven't needed a powered USB for my setup.
QHY5L-II-M, Celestron AVX, QHY163M (flakey connection, still trying to figure out), and I am building an arduino focuser.
6 years 1 month ago #22977

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Chris Alberts on topic Pi3 and indi Server

Hoi Colgs3b

So inprinciple this setup is work. is the indi server automatically started or do need to do some additional conficurations and do execute a kind of command to start the indi servers

Chris
6 years 1 month ago #23010

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Jeff Wilson on topic Pi3 and indi Server

Chris,
The indi server is not automatically started, but it wouldn't take too much work to make that happen. Rob's script installer for the RPi places a desktop shortcut for starting the server. Placing scripts into /etc/rc.local will allow them to start on boot. I don't usually like this approach since it can be a bit of pain to cleanly shutdown a script.
Jeff
6 years 1 month ago #23097

Time to create page: 2.209 seconds