INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Joustick speed?

• Thank you received: 10

Joustick speed? was created by Steve

Hi guys
Wondering how I can control the speed of my joystick?. Its set too fast at the moment and I`m going backwards and forwards trying to centre a star in the fov?
Thanks
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1150

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Joustick speed?

Which mount are you using with the joystick? Try setting the lowest speed in the mount options.
9 years 10 months ago #1163

Replied by Steve on topic Joustick speed?

cheers for that knro its an EQ6!
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1171

Ok, so I assume you are using EQMod driver for that, did you set the slew speed to something low before using the joystick?
9 years 10 months ago #1183

Can`t remember what the speed was set at before using the joystick!. I usually (under Windows 7 with eqmod and Ascom) just click on a couple of joystick buttons to decrease the RA and Dec slewing speeds or click on two opposite buttons to increase it. As you may know you have the option to asign operations to buttons under Eqmod. My problem is that I don`t think I`ll be able to plate solve with my setup as my main scope has a spectroscope attached to it with a 23micron slit and the guiding etc is via an attachment that looks like an OAG and plate solve would have to be done with images that the Lodestar can produce so being able to tweak the mount slightly to get a star on the slit (visible in the Lodestar) is quite important!
cheers
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1189

Hi again
I can set the slew speed via the Eqmod/Motion control/Slew presets to say 8.00x but when I start using the joystick say moving it left the speed goes to 32x and then if I move it right the speed goes up again to maybe 64x and so on, each time I move the joystick it increases the slew speed upto the maximum of 800x. Is there anyway of locking the joysick slew speed to a chosen speed?
cheers
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1198

Ok so I never read the instructions on setting up the joystick doh :blush:
Will try that now!!!!
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1199

Well the joystick main control shows the joystick as having 3 joysticks, 7 axes and 12 buttons but it will only allow 2 joysticks and 1 button to be asigned??. Do I need a new driver and/or joystick to be able to program the buttons to alter slew speeds please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1200

The EQMOD driver uses by default Joystick #2 to change the slew speed setting. There are 11 different speed presets so it doesn't make sense to assign each of them to different buttons, a simple joystick up/down should be enough. Btw, I'm using this with EQMod and have no issues at all, it's quite sufficient.
9 years 10 months ago #1201

I agree it would be great if you coul just set one slew speed and use the joystick like that but each time I move the joysfick it changes the slew speed! If I set it to say 8.00x within a few moves with the stick its up to 800x!
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1204

Knro

Got me thinking now,I'm using the left hand stick which used to be joystick 1 under windows I wonder if Indi sees this as joystick 2 now which would explain the slew speed change when using it? Will have to try tonight again!
Thanks
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1205

Time to create page: 1.363 seconds