INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

persistent configuration

• Thank you received: 1
Hi, either it's too late or I had to little coffee today, but how can I make settings persistent.

i.e. I want to set the guiding rate to 0.3 for the EQMOD driver. But every time I re-boot it comes up at 0.5

similar with the gphoto2 / Canon driver. Is there a way to toggle 'actions/viewfinder/ON' at connect?

I already logged the XML comms and copy pasted snippets into the configuration file, but it seems that 'load' is followed by a 'save' and all changes vanish. If I put the same snippets in the default config, no changes to the addressed fields can be noticed.

I'm sure there is a way of doing this, but I'm to blunt to figure it :(

best
Niko
6 years 1 week ago #24225

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

Did you try the Save button?
6 years 1 week ago #24226
Attachments:

Replied by Niko Kivel on topic persistent configuration

Yup, did that.
Some of the parameters - such as chip size and pixel pitch for the Canon - are saved, but not all. mostly operational parameters are disregarded.
I can understand the philosophy of that, because of the variable nature of such parameters. So a feature request might be to have a separate parameter sets which can be loaded for the entire observatory at start time. E.g. Canon set to F/5.6, guide-cam select 16 bit, full resolution, EQmod guide velocity 0.3, ...

best
Niko
6 years 1 week ago #24232

EQMod Guide Rate is saved, I just tested that and the values are restored next time you connect.
6 years 1 week ago #24235

Replied by Niko Kivel on topic persistent configuration

Thanks Jasem,

I don't know what went wrong with the EQMod save. It now works for the basic/hardware parameters.

What I'm more interested is set-up specific configurations. Such as Aperture for the Canon or 16-bit mode for a v4l2-cam.
To provide an example: I constantly forget to click the 'view finder --> ON' for the canon. Hence, the first auto-focus run fails because the lens wasn't moving.

I guess I look into the 'scripting' and plug something together that sets all the hardware up, or is there a better way?

best Niko
6 years 1 week ago #24287

Time to create page: 0.647 seconds