INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Possible to autodelete autofocus image files upon logout?

• Thank you received: 182
The other day my computer went into crisis mode when the it ran out of disk space because the autofocus files from all my previous sessions had been piling up. I looked, but did not find an option to set Ekos to autodelete those files upon logout/shutdown.

If there is such an option, can someone point me to it?

Thanks,

Jo
6 years 1 month ago #24499

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I can add a button to clear them, but for now just remove everything under ~/.local/share/kstars/autofocus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarun, Jose Corazon
6 years 1 month ago #24500

• Thank you received: 182
Yes, that's what I did when I had the problem.

I also added a short startup script so whenever Ubuntu starts up it will now automatically delete the contents of the autofocus folder. I.e. problem solved for me at least.

However, I brought this up, because other users might run into the same problem. When their machines run out of disk space they might crash and may not even start up again. Realistically, the old autofocus image files are useless once the session has been closed, so it might be best to delete them by default either upon logging out of Ekos or upon logging in.

One other thing: When using the Terminal one can navigate to the ~/.local/share/kstars/autofocus folder quickly. However, when one tries to go there by clicking through the windows, it takes a very long time for caja to open the kstars folder. The problem is that it has to render all those .png files that clutter that folder. Is it possible to move those image files to a subfolder called Icons or whatever would be appropriate? It would make navigation by caja (which is what most users might prefer doing) much faster.
6 years 1 month ago #24501

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds