Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to install INDI Library 1.7.0 on Mac

How to install INDI Library 1.7.0 on Mac 5 months 1 week ago #24894

Apologies for asking this question, as this has probably come up several times before, but I cant seem to find the answer. I'd like to install the new INDI Library 1.7.0 on my Mac, but how do I do that? So far I have only been able to find installation links to either Cloudmakers (who still is on 1.6.0) and KStars (which is still 2.9.3, a version that came out with a previous INDI library).
Is there a way I can install the tar-balls on my mac with terminal commands? Or do I have to wait until a new Mac version of KStars is released with the updated drivers?
Alternatively, I run a local Linux machine at the telescope and manage remote. Is there a problem if I install on that remote Linux the latest INDI drivers, and control KStars remotely from my Macbook with the old drivers?
Any installation tips, or pointer to some instructions would be very helpful.
Thanks,

Willem Jan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to install INDI Library 1.7.0 on Mac 5 months 1 week ago #24896

just run the software updater on your linux machine, that will update your INDI, as for Kstars that is a separate software and does not contain the equipment drivers they are all in INDI, so just update the Linux machine at your scope, and Ekos will connect as normal and use the new drivers.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjdrijfhout

How to install INDI Library 1.7.0 on Mac 5 months 1 week ago #24901

KStars 2.9.4 along with INDI 1.7.0 for MacOS are delayed due to build issues. Hopefully later today or tomorrow.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

How to install INDI Library 1.7.0 on Mac 5 months 1 week ago #24935

Our INDI Server for OSX is already updated to 1.7.0.

http://www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver/

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Last Edit: by polakovic.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica