INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to install INDI Library 1.7.0 on Mac

• Thank you received: 18
Apologies for asking this question, as this has probably come up several times before, but I cant seem to find the answer. I'd like to install the new INDI Library 1.7.0 on my Mac, but how do I do that? So far I have only been able to find installation links to either Cloudmakers (who still is on 1.6.0) and KStars (which is still 2.9.3, a version that came out with a previous INDI library).
Is there a way I can install the tar-balls on my mac with terminal commands? Or do I have to wait until a new Mac version of KStars is released with the updated drivers?
Alternatively, I run a local Linux machine at the telescope and manage remote. Is there a problem if I install on that remote Linux the latest INDI drivers, and control KStars remotely from my Macbook with the old drivers?
Any installation tips, or pointer to some instructions would be very helpful.
Thanks,

Willem Jan.
5 years 11 months ago #24894

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
just run the software updater on your linux machine, that will update your INDI, as for Kstars that is a separate software and does not contain the equipment drivers they are all in INDI, so just update the Linux machine at your scope, and Ekos will connect as normal and use the new drivers.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: W J Drijfhout
5 years 11 months ago #24896

KStars 2.9.4 along with INDI 1.7.0 for MacOS are delayed due to build issues. Hopefully later today or tomorrow.
5 years 11 months ago #24901

• Thank you received: 174
Our INDI Server for OSX is already updated to 1.7.0.

www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver/

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
5 years 11 months ago #24935

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds