INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How do I get Xephem to use INDI libs please?

• Thank you received: 10
Hi guys
Recent convert to Linux and enjoying using Ekos in Kstars. I`ve recently come across Xephem and installed the commercial version but can`t seem to figure out how to get Xephem to `see` the INDI libs and wondered if anyone could point me to any tuts on this please?. The Xephem version 3.7.6 ref manual doesn`t really address this and just requests the `Host` name and `port` number for the INDI driver or server neither of which I know. I`m using the Eqmod usb connection for my Eq6 mount.
thanks
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1220

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 88
Hi Steve,

Usually the indi server runs on your local machine so the host is localhost and the port is 7624 by default.
Maybe you should launch the indiserver manually in a separate terminal when using xephem (as kstars usually launches it for you):
indiserver indi_eqmod_telescope
as you use the eqmod driver with your EQ6, but you should add the other drivers that you also use.
The usb port used for mount communication is set directly in the eqmod driver from xephem as when you use kstars.
Jean-Luc.
9 years 10 months ago #1222

Excellent thanks for that Jean-Luc, now I have to find out where the other drivers are installed! I located a 3rd party Atik indi driver but it was a debian package and I`m not too sure where they are all installed yet :blink: . I have the eqmod driver which I had to select for Ekos in Kstars for my EQ6 mount and Ekos strangely didn`t like it when I selected `EQ6` ? I guess thats if I connected it using a serial lead?. So I need to find where the drivers for my Lodestar and one for my joystick and how to configure them for Xephem now!. Ekos seemed to make it easier to configure all the INDI stuff B) . I`m actually running out of disc space on my Windows laptop as I only created a 12gb Linux partition to try it out so I`m on the verge of wiping windows altogether!. :P
regards
Steve
9 years 10 months ago #1224

Guys
In `simulation mode` most of he indi drivers which come with Xephem seem to load ok except the 3rd party Atik driver and a few other ccd ones?.
Entering `indiserver_atik_ccd` in a terminal gives the message
2014-05-30T22:18:55: startup: indiserver indi_atik_ccd
2014-05-30T22:18:55: Driver indi_atik_ccd: -> ISGetProperties((null))
2014-05-30T22:18:55: Driver indi_atik_ccd: <- ISGetProperties
but when I go to the Indi configure screen and click `connect` nothing happens? Is there another command or something I need to enter to get Xephem to use the third party driver please?.
The driver actually works fine in Ekos so I assume its ok?
Thanks
Steve
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Steve.
9 years 10 months ago #1225

Time to create page: 0.906 seconds