INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi lib only on Ubuntu

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, i installed Indi only on a ubuntu under vmware under windows.
Install of indi went ok.
Now i just want to use it from Kstars / Ekos on windows side but i dont' see how i can activate the indi server on ubuntu, should we start it locally or will it start from remote Ekos ?
In other words, is there something to do after having installed it on Ubuntu in order to use it ?
5 years 11 months ago #25427

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you installed it yourself, and you didn't install as well INDI Web Manager, then you first need to start INDI server, then from Windows-side, connect to it. This is assuming of course the host and VM can talk to each other over the private LAN or whatever networking setup you had for the VM.

I'm researching another solution using Linux Subsystems for Linux but it could take a while.
5 years 11 months ago #25429

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Morgan on topic Indi lib only on Ubuntu

thks Jasem, but if i install indi web manager, i get errors when i launch it, and if i start indiserver with drivers names it says that drivers are not found, anyway as u already tested all these solutions may be i shouldn't spend too much time on that.... :)
so don't worry too much, as my main issue will remain this driver for the Usb Focuser V2 which still don't exist on indi.... that's another issue and surely my main one...
5 years 11 months ago #25430

Time to create page: 0.722 seconds