INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Requests/suggestions

• Thank you received: 14

Requests/suggestions was created by Teseo

Allow me to suggest some things that could, in my opinion, be useful.

1) Many times I do not remember to stop the tracking.
( would it be possible to auto stopping the tracking if move the telescope on another object? )

2) Would it be possible to add personal additions into the object database?
(so that it is possible to find them through the "search")

3) The scheduler has improved, but still receives the "invalid" error and stop all other ( when a modified session ends ) for example if added one in the repeats runs ... to repeat it scheduler.

In this case I came across this night.

However, I thank all the developers, for this wonderful software.
And excuse my poor english.
5 years 10 months ago #25942

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161

Replied by Alfred on topic Requests/suggestions

I second that, 1) in particular.
5 years 10 months ago #25944

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Requests/suggestions

If in 1) you mean guiding, not tracking, that would be nice, good suggestion. I believe it does stop tracking to slew already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
5 years 10 months ago #25945

Replied by Teseo on topic Requests/suggestions

Yes mean guiding. Thanks.
5 years 10 months ago #25946

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Requests/suggestions

Could you elaborate on 3? I'd be interested in your version, .esl/.esq files and date/time to reproduce your problem. I believe the issue you refer to, that is, jobs being marked invalid when they pass their auto-scheduled startup time, should be fixed with the latest changes.

-Eric
5 years 10 months ago #25951

• Thank you received: 420
Re 2) In KStars select Data -> Manually add new object
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
5 years 10 months ago #25956

Replied by Teseo on topic Re:Requests/suggestions

Ok .I photograph three portions of the sky every night
the first evening works well, then I have to increase a "repeats runs" for start new session (otherwise the brand is completed and stops)
at this point, at end of first is marked as "invalid" and abort all.
5 years 10 months ago #25964
Attachments:

Sorry I'll have to delay my analysis of your attached files, no bz2 tool on my phone (isn't that stupid for android!). From your description, I understand that:

1. Your jobs have fixed startup times "On YMD HMS" that include the date, and as such are considered "in the past" during the second night.

2. Your jobs are considered complete by the scheduler because the count of captures is achieved during the first run, and next jobs require additional repeats to continue processing.

For (1) the only workaround right now is to generate an .esl file with the right dates. You can generate a one-week long file, that should probably work (though I did not test over such a long interval). Perhaps there might be a way to tweak the culmination offset, but if you need specific time, that's a bit contrived. In any case that's not very practical unless planning is automated: that could be a feature to add next to the mosaic maker.

For (2) the behavior is the expected one. To work around the feature and achieve what you want, the most simple is to disable "Remember job progress" in the Ekos options. That will disregard capture storage and always run the sequence.

Tell me what you think.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 10 months ago #25968

Regarding #1, the scheduler aborts guiding when it moves to the next target. If this doesn't happen now then a regression was introduced recently. Do you have logs to check?
5 years 10 months ago #25979

I think the scheduler will not abort guiding if the target is the same and guiding is ticked in the job pipeline. Probably not a regression?

Although I did not change that specific behavior, I did append two cases to that part of the code to fix issues arising in the job pipeline.

-Eric
5 years 10 months ago #25983

• Thank you received: 161

Replied by Alfred on topic Re:Requests/suggestions

If you have a busy sequence queue and guiding is activated in the guide tab, then abort the sequence and slew to a new target the guider will remain active. Manually activated slewing, particularly after stopping the sequence queue, should stop guiding automatically IMO.

Downloading index files works for only half of the files listed. In my case the Tycho column works down to 4114. The files listed further down will provoke an error after download: "KAuth returned an error code: 8 Fehler im D-Bus-Hintergrundprogramm: Hilfsanwendung kann nicht kontaktiert werden. Verbindungsfehler: Not connected to D-Bus server."
5 years 10 months ago #25989

@pcxz I had a look at your .esl file. From what I see, you have three scheduler jobs each using their specific sequence file, and pointing to targets with different names. That means each scheduler job item will store its captures to different folders when it executes.

I assume this set of files is your starting point for an observation session, and that you update it prior to launching the scheduler.

If you don't want to bother with repeat counts, as I mentioned earlier, disable option "remember job progress".

Now about the invalid state, your three jobs are set to "asap", so there's no reason they should switch to "invalid", they should be rescheduled automatically. Unless you change them to start at a specific time before execution? I'll execute them with the simulator again when I can to check.

(maybe this should go to a specific topic)

-Eric
5 years 10 months ago #25991

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds