Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: CCD_SIMULATOR and the gsc dataset

CCD_SIMULATOR and the gsc dataset 3 months 1 day ago #26052

Dear all,

First I would like to thank you for the awesome work you have done with indi/ekos/kstars.
I use mainly Indi and I am trying to implement (slowly) my own sequencer in python using pyindi and other python opensource packages. My medium term goal is to have a fully automated virtual observatory, and of course, the long term goal is to implement it with real hardware ;)

I am pretty happy with what I have now thanks to indi, but I would like to go further on the image processing side now. I really like the ccd_simulator that is implemented in Indi although I havent had the occasion to look at the code.

For now, it looks like, depending on the frameType (FRAME_DARK, FRAME_FLAT, FRAME_LIGHT), I got realistic images, in 16 bits, where the mean level, and noise level (white gaussian noise I guess ?) depends on the exposure time.
If this is trye, it is already truly awesome !

There are two things I would need to know:
-what is the noise model and what are its parameters for each images (I need to know the ground truth values)
-it is possible to see actual deep sky objects on the images that come from gsc package ?

I downloaded the gsc package, but it looks like it only contains star catalogs, and generates star images. This is great because it allows to play with astrometry engines.
But I would like to know if the appearance, signal/noise ratio and maximum visible magnitudes are influenced by some parameter that can be tweaked,

Thank you in advance for your help[.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:CCD_SIMULATOR and the gsc dataset 3 months 1 day ago #26054

The following user(s) said Thank You: dolguldur

Re:CCD_SIMULATOR and the gsc dataset 3 months 1 day ago #26056

Thank you Eric for your answer, most of the answer I was looking for are in that code indeed !

Additional question, any idea where I can find the documentation for this "gsc" application ?

Last Edit: by dolguldur.

Re:CCD_SIMULATOR and the gsc dataset 2 months 4 weeks ago #26129

"gsc" is a catalog of guide stars used by Hubble. Jasem wrote a wrapper to access that catalog, check his ppa on launchpad. You can download the binary package and also the source tree from there.

launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolguldur

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica