INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems with AZ-EQ5 that is lost in the sky.

• Thank you received: 51
This occurs on a friend AZ-EQ5 mount.
After doing a precise polar alignment. we tried to go to Arcturus that was high in the sky. And the mount started in an unexpected direction and stopped pointing the wall of the house. We tried a lot of configruation in the eqmount setup parameters without success.
You can imagine that the astrometry failed because we were too far from the target.
Have some people here experienced equivalent problems. And if yes have you a solution ?
5 years 9 months ago #26725

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 29
Hi, it happens on occasion that my AZEQ5 moves to the opposite direction (like it was confusing east and west), and does no reach the target. In such instance I park the mount and clear the mount model and all alignments (solver) from that session (following advise I received in another thread).

I suspect the root cause (in my case) is to attempt running the solver when the scope is pointing to Polaris, or navigate the scope to Polaris (probably better to park the scope in order to reach Polaris).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
5 years 9 months ago #26726

I cleared the alignments in the Alignment tab of the device manager and in the successive plate-solve done during the polar alignment.
Moving the mount "with the virtual pad" we point a star some degrees out of the pole zone. The astrometry systematically fail.
The point is that it only recognize the polar area in astrometry but was lost everywhere else.
When trying to point an identified star it start to:an unexpected direction.:(
One hypothesis there is some info that wasn't really deleted.
Another point is that the single board computer on which Kstars, Ekos and Indi were running has been connected to an AZ-EQ6 before and worked well.
Another hypothesis there might be common parameters in the configuation file of the driver are shared by several mounts and can pollute the way that, they, work.
Another hypothesis could be that the time of the mount and the time of the SBC are not synchronized. If that occurs the question is why and how ?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Patrick.
5 years 9 months ago #26728

Detailed logs would help.
5 years 9 months ago #26733

Hi Jasem, I will try to convince my friend to do new tests. We have done all them yesterday using teamviewer from my home to his home 50km away, where the setup was installed.
So it is not easy to redo but not impossible.
5 years 9 months ago #26737

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds