INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate won't update

• Thank you received: 66
I have Kstars 2.9.6 running on a RPI3B+, The ubuntu base and OpenJDK Java runtime will not uptate - "installation or removal of a software packages failed".

I tried using "sudo apt-get update" and got this message "unable to resolve host stellarmategb" (my renamed stellarmate via iOS app). Still it asked for the password for stellarmate which I entered and it appeared to complete the update successfully.

I did "sudo apt-get install" and again got the "unable to resolve host stellarmategb" message . However, it asked for the password and proceeded to do install. No error messages were reported but I got this message "0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded."

When I run Software Updater again, I get the same error message as before.
5 years 8 months ago #26964

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try:
sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
5 years 8 months ago #26971

Replied by Greg on topic StellarMate won't update

I had some trouble. Turns out the linux-firmware and or openjdk packages were corrupt.

I removed them and reentered "sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade" and its good now.

Thanks for the help!
5 years 8 months ago #26975

Replied by Greg on topic StellarMate won't update

I have another problem. I can't get it to start a wifi hotspot. I've tried using stellarmatetools to reset the network settings and reset to factory configuration but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've deleted my network connections and started from scratch to create a wifi hotspot but it doesn't start when I reboot.

Edit: Nevermind. I decided it was easier to just reinstall StellarMate and update.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Greg.
5 years 8 months ago #26978

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds