INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

My INDI session of last night

• Thank you received: 420
I just wanted to express my huge gratitude to Jasem and everyone else who contribute to INDI for doing such a great job. Last night I set up my William Optics ZS 71 and Canon EOS 700D for an imaging session in my backyard.

After polar aligning the mount and putting both the main telescope and guide telescope in focus, I let INDI take 40 images of M 13. The total guiding RMS remained well under 1" despite the relatively low focal length of the guide telescope (160 mm). Meridian flip and recentering M 13 worked flawlessly. I set dithering to 6 pixels every 3 images and since I had recompiled INDI yesterday the dithering now truely is random which shows in the noise levels in the images. Fantastic! Here's the resulting image after processing in PixInsight:

My next challenge will be to get as great results with my 8" RC telescope.

Clear skies, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, Eric, Brian
5 years 8 months ago #27060
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
Nice to see more and more success stories. Indi/Ekos/Kstars is taking over the astro world :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 8 months ago #27073

• Thank you received: 809
awesome work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
5 years 8 months ago #27075

• Thank you received: 29

Replied by Helge on topic My INDI session of last night

Really great, was about writing something very similar. Last night, first time everything went according to plan, including polar alignment and the internal guider, via EqMod. Took an image with 5min exposure, just perfect tracking. So, BIG thanks also from my side to the developer team and all the support received over many months.
5 years 8 months ago #27077

• Thank you received: 28
And a big thank you from me as well. I have had similar success with my kit. Here is my setup and progression with the kstars project and some images taken.

plus.google.com/u/0/collection/k425IE

plus.google.com/u/0/collection/kkCCFB
5 years 8 months ago #27088

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds