INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI CCD AntiDew and Cooler Setting

• Thank you received: 29
I am trying to deal with strange patterns when cooling down the CCD below zero. Not yet sure where it comes from, but when doing some testing, I came across two things;

- in one of the previous sessions, I set the temperature to -10 degrees. Now, whenever I restart EKOS, the CCD is cooled down to -10 degrees, even I did not set this as desired temperature in the new session. Would it be possible to reset the cooler target temperature upon restart?

- for the ASI071pro, the drivers allows (in the controls section) to set the "AntiDewHeater" to a value between zero and one (in 0.1 increments). Does this have an effect on the CCD cam? Not sure which value I should chose - one? I can see this entry in the log, when I changed the setting, but the initial value of "one" does not seem to have been communicated to the CCD,

ZWO CCD ASI071MC Pro : "[DEBUG] ISNewNumber->set ctrl 21: 0.50 "

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-36-...7-03.zip
File Size:50 KB

Is there any help available?
5 years 9 months ago #27083
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. INDI does not set temperature on startup. But maybe the SDK does this? Check your ~/.ZWO/ASIConfig.xml file, check <TargetTemp...> does it say -10?
2. Actually, that's supposed to be a boolean value (0 is OFF and 1 is ON). 0.1 increments do not make sense. I just updated the driver so that you can only select 0 or 1, should be in PPA nightly later on.

Thanks for the logs and report!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helge
5 years 9 months ago #27123

• Thank you received: 29
Dear Jasem,

great, that helps a lot! I checked the SDK file, for my previous ASI071 I can see a kind of value, different to zero. For the ASI071pro, the parameter is set to zero.

Could it be, that the parameter setting for the ASI071 still has an impact, i.e. could explain why the cooler is activated upon start? I have attached the xml.file.

Best, Helge
5 years 9 months ago #27134
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds