INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

good and bad session

• Thank you received: 94

good and bad session was created by alacant

H everyone
Our Windows to Ubuntu migration is going well and we have had some nice shots from ekos.

I'ts difficult to know what we're doing wrong. Last night we had a crash (kstars disappeared from the screen), a failed meridian flip (could not solve on the other side of the meridian) and after the failed flip, restarting the guiding resulted in PHD2 being instructed to re-calibrate a previous -good-calibration.
Otherwise, we obtained a good set of frames of m57 and m20.

I've put the logs here:
drive.google.com/open?id=1hRe12w3rZA7KBjR_VeutuUfmedlMCpsl
If anyone has the patience and goodwill to have a look and tell us what we're doing wrong we would really appreciate it.

TIA and clear skies,
Steve
5 years 9 months ago #27514

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic good and bad session

Hi again
More f the same last night. including:
00:22, 00:44 and 01:15 guiding stops but capture continues after guidestar lost after enormous dither (or no dither at all).
After which every frame the guiding needed attention either stopping, failing to dither or kstars disappearing from the screen (crash?) and another failed meridian flip...
Really could use some help if anyone has the time or patience.
Really don't want to have to revert to ascom but manual intervention after just about every frame real is a pain...
I've put the new logs here:
drive.google.com/open?id=1n5SSN6EhxhNgBtb2SkBD0t_meD6WwRJS

Question: is anyone else guiding with indi-eqmod and PHD2 who would be prepared to share their experiences?
Struggling....
TIA and clear skies,
Steve
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by alacant.
5 years 9 months ago #27575

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds