INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing INDI/KSTARS-EKOS on a NanoPC-T4

• Thank you received: 182
Thanks, Wouter,

Looks very different from mine. I will have to dive into this again when I get back home.
Problem is, I solved this issue for my own system more than half a year ago and have since mostly forgotten what I had to do. That's the problem, when you are not working with these systems every day.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jose Corazon.
5 years 7 months ago #28672

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Ok, let me know how it went when you have tried this.
5 years 7 months ago #28676

elinux.org/RPiconfig

THAT's the file I was looking for!!!!

/boot/config.txt

Peter, If you have that in your Lubuntu installation you may also be able to set monitor resolution that way. You simply have to specify your monitor resolution according to the respective hdmi mode

hdmi_mode=47 1440x900 60 Hz

In your case, if you want to set it for your Macbook. Other resolutions, see the table in the link at the top of my comment.

Let us know whether that works in Lubuntu.

Best

Jo
5 years 7 months ago #28726

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 7 months ago #28728

Different from your xorg.conf file, though.
I knew I had to enter hdmi_force_hotplug somewhere, but could not remember where that was.
Damnit! That's what aging is doing to us.
5 years 7 months ago #28730

Different indeed! I wasn’t aware that your system also has a /boot/config.txt file. The Odroid doesn’t and I use the xorg.conf file there. Glad we sorted that out!
5 years 7 months ago #28733

• Thank you received: 155
A little setback.

I am unable to get the iOptron Wifi adapter (StarFi) to connect to the NanoPC's self network.
My Mac can connect without an issue and I can VNC.

When StarFi connects to my Stellarmate, it' uses DHCP and has no problem getting an IP address.
But when I try the same configuration with the NanoPC , connecting to the same network that I use for VNC, it never gets an IP address.

I am not sure why.

Peter
5 years 7 months ago #28770

Ok, that problem solved. I am able to get the Starfi connected, but now a new issue revealed itself.
My ASI1600MM Pro. It works great on the Stellarmate Pi. But on the NanoPC T4, I can connect ro it, adjust the temperature, and get one preview to show.
But when I am unable to capture more than one image. I tried setting up a 3 image sequence and after the first exposure, the timer counts down to zero, but then resets back to start a new one without advancing the sub number. It just stays in a loop. It saves the first one correctly, but no more after that. Very odd.

PK
5 years 7 months ago #28834

I had that same problem. Eric told me a fix: Deselect "Remember Job Progress" for the Scheduler. After that, I had no more problems.
Eric, if you are reading this, can you weigh in on that problem? Is this the same issue I encountered with the Scheduler?
Either way, Peter, can you post the logs?
5 years 7 months ago #28835

Here's the part of the log where the images fail to save and advance.

[2018-08-22T20:23:02.524 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
[2018-08-22T20:23:02.574 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
[2018-08-22T20:23:02.574 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
[2018-08-22T20:23:02.576 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
[2018-08-22T20:23:02.576 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
[2018-08-22T20:23:02.576 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
[2018-08-22T20:23:02.577 EAT DEBG ][ default] - WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded

The whole log is attached.

Peter
5 years 7 months ago #28867
Attachments:

Not sure what that means. Perhaps Jasem or Eric can weigh in on this?
5 years 7 months ago #28874

Looks like I need to install phonon4qt5 phonon4qt5-backend-gstreamer phonon4qt5-backend-vlc
I'll try it tonight.
Peter
5 years 7 months ago #28889

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds