INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing INDI/KSTARS-EKOS on a NanoPC-T4

• Thank you received: 155
Ok, I installed the phonon4qt5 files and it actually worked. Until it didn't :(
Once installed, I was able to get 2 captures to show up and save, but then it stopped. I had 5 subs in the queue but after the first two, it just stopped saving files or even displaying them. The exposures counted down, and instead of saving then, it would just restart the counter back to the start and try capturing an image again. This is the same behavior as before, but at least I got two images before it failed. I tried quitting Kstars and restarting, but no change. Odd!
5 years 7 months ago #28914

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
Which ASI1600 do you have? The one with the 250MB buffer or the one without it?
Perhaps what is happening is that the transfer of the data to your nanoPC and saving them on the microSD card (?) is where the bottleneck is. Then the capture module is starting another exposure before the data are downloaded? How long is the delay between exposures? Perhaps if you program a 5 or 10 s delay between exposures in the capture module that would do the trick?

I have the ASI1600 with the 256 MB buffer. I do not have these issues, not even on a Pi3 and without the need for a delay between exposures.

And do you transfer the image data from the camera to a USB3 or a USB2 port on the nanoPC?

OK, I see you have the ASI1600-MM Pro version, so the one with the 256 MB buffer. That should not be the problem with the transfer then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jose Corazon.
5 years 7 months ago #28916

Thanks for the idea to switch back to USB2. I did, and it worked!
Not sure why the USB3 didnt work, as the ASi1600Mm Pro is USB3 and the nanoPC T4 has USB3 port.
Maybe the write speed to the SD card is too slow?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Peter Kennett.
5 years 7 months ago #28951

So this thread can close now, as I have a working NanoPc T4 with INDI/EKOS. In just 6 seconds, this little screamer cold boots into Lubuntu and initiates its hotspot. I am not able to get the ASI1600MM camera to work with USB3, but the normal USB2 saves a 32 MB FITS images in 4.5 seconds so that really is plenty fast enough for long exposure deep sky work. The VNC screen looks and feels as if I have a screen and keyboard connected to it (using Chicken of the VNC). It has improved my field-use of EKOS, so it will be my main imaging system for now, while I will bring my trusty Stellarmate as a backup in the field. I am ordering a fast 1,500 GB/S 480 GB SSD drive which fits on the backside of the T4, which will be plenty of reliable storage for imaging, and be a nice addition when planetary imaging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Denning
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Peter Kennett.
5 years 6 months ago #29016

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds