INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Questions about equipment when running Ekos

• Thank you received: 2
A couple of weeks ago i had two nights in order to test an imaging workflow and i came up with the following. Please correct me if something is wrong.

1. I booted my Pi and as expected the time and date were wrong. The first time i run ekos and after connecting my equipment i expected that the system time/date would update via the gps dongle but it didn't happen. The second time i booted my system i manually set the time/date at my pi before running Ekos. Is there any way i can set the system time/date via my gps dongle?

2. I started my polar alignment via Ekos. First i slew my scope so that polaris was at my FOV and run a plate solve with a sync option so that my mount will have good goto alignment. Here i faced the following problem: The plate solver would finish in very good times but after i finish the polar alignment the goto was not accurate thus the target was not in my FOV.

Now if i do a sync procedure via Kstars (aka slew to a couple of stars and sync the mount) and then start the polar alignment the goto is very accurate. The workflow for this case is i do a plate solve with Polaris in the FOV and i have the option Do Nothing checked so that ekos will not sync the mount and then do the polar alignment. The goto then is very accurate as i said above.

Has anyone faced this issue with the polar alignment, am i doing something wrong? (next time i will provide photos and logs)

3. I start my imaging/guiding.

One thing that irked me while doing the polar alignment is the color of the crosshairs when it is time to move a star via the mount's alt-az bolts. I am slight color blinded and the purple color of the crosshairs were almost impossible to see, if possible at a future update of ekos can the color change to something bright like bright red, yellow, green so that it is vissible? unless there is an option to change the color and i don't know it.
HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod, GSO RC8'', SW ED80, Atik 383L+, Atik EFW2, Atik OAG, SX Lodestar, ZWO ASI 120MC
5 years 6 months ago #29482

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. If there is GPS module, then the driver time can be correct once you connect to it. If gpsd is used, it should already take care of syncing the system time as well with the GPS after startup.
2. No need to do any solving before running polar alignment since none of that is used. Just make sure you see Polaris in the camera view.
3. Noted, I should add an option to change the color.
5 years 5 months ago #30018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds