INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Full night recording while Astro Imaging Channel Q&A on SBC's

• Thank you received: 26
Hi,

I mentioned I recorded my imaging session in the chatroom during the Astro Imaging Channel in the Q&A on Single-Board-Computers in Astrophotography, featuring Jasem Mutlaq. It's a full session of a narrowband capture of the Western Veil Nebula in SII, OIII and Ha, including live videostream of the mount. Heavy use of automation is used now, but with interventions. Now dithering is enabled, Session Limits with automatic refocusing, guiding deviation. Had a meridian flip. Had to restart several times due to clouds. This is where image solving is worth gold, imagine how hard it would have been realigning the nebula on the exact same spot, after losing a guidestar several times! I started to use auto ADU count calibration on Flats, tried the polar alignment module also. This session is packed with tested and used features.

Here it is:

During the Astro Imaging Channel feed, I also had some questions (including timestamps on Youtube video):

1-:The latest version has a problem with the right-click menu in the KStars window, it disappears immediately after the right-click. I see it when Ekos drivers are connected. I have to resort to typing P to access the pop-up menu. (23h05m35: right-click pop-up menu on KStars windows disappears.)
2:-The filternames are not set at startup from the preset values I've entered previously. I have to resolve that by setting the filternames in the INDI control panel, (23h10m39: filter names are not correctly set.)
3:-Why is "the Autofocus if HFR is set" after focusing set just slightly higher than the measured HFR during focusing? Can I change this behaviour? (23h37m07: Limit Settings have been set, but Autofocus if HFR is just slightly higher.)
4-:The Limit Settings checkboxes in the CCD module becomes unchecked (01h27m13: Noticed the Limit Settings are unchecked: Why?)
5:-The tip of the V-curve is placed out of the display during focussing (02h14m16: V-curve is not showing in total.)
6:-Why is the Target setting for the file names in the CCD module not set by the Job name? (03h13m00: Why is the Target setting for the file names in the CCD module not set by the Job name?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, Eric, Jim, Avocette
5 years 7 months ago #28306

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great work and thanks for the feedback!

1. Fixed
2. Are you sure the computer where ASI EFW is running is updated to latest INDI? This was fixed a few weeks ago.
3. This is by design since you do not want to run complete autofocus process if the results are very close. By default, it added 5% of the value and can be configured in Settings --> Configure KStars --> Ekos --> Capture.
4. Totally weird and unexplained thus far. Besides unchecking them yourselves, it _could_ only happen if you reload a sequence file which didn't happen.
5. Right, some minor graphical glitch.
6. It should be set, maybe in the GUI itself, but the target name is set by the scheduler and yours files are stored in a directory with the same name as your target.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurgen Kobierczynski
5 years 7 months ago #28314

• Thank you received: 50
Hi Jurgen,
I've just caught up with your YouTube video just today, so please excuse me for being a little late to the party! I noted that the 'Guidescope' mentioned in Ekos was your Primary scope ie 200mm f4 Newt. Does this mean you were using an OAG? The camera image of your scope in action seems to show a finderscope with a cable dangling down, so I had just assumed that was your guidescope. Secondly, the quality of the guidescope camera image of the guide star makes it look rather more like an arrow than a point of light! Any comments?
Best wishes, Ed
4 years 3 weeks ago #50340

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds