INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos with 2 x SBIG cameras

• Thank you received: 19
Unfortunately we might have a regression here. I updated the code base about 4 hours or so ago.

I've finally been able to setup both SBig CCDs (ST-8XE and the ST-i) outside on the scope, but I've run into some issues.

The allocation of sbigusb0 vs sbugusb1 for a particular device is not easy to determine. I *think* '1' is the first device connected to the machine, while '0' is the 2nd. Does it find the saved config based on this value, btw?

I got both CCDs connected as expected.
I did the focus routine on the ST-8XE. Once complete, I switched to the ST-i. Unfortunately it would do the capture, but hang on the download step.
I tried taking an image in the 'CCD' panel with the ST-i, but that also failed.
Finally, I then tried to take an image with the ST-8XE and that also failed with the same hang on the download step.

Debug logs had nothing unusual, the debugger didn't seem to report anything and kstars output did not seem unusual.

I'm going to run a few more tests to see if I can work anything further out.

EDIT: I did some more tests. The ST-i works as a CCD, but doesn't work when chosen as the Guider in the indi setup.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Chris Ryan.
9 years 7 months ago #1707

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I actually have ST-I as well, but I snapped the miniUSB connector off when I tugged the wire strongly once :( I doesn't even register now as a USB device. I tried to solder what I can see in but it doesn't work, will try to post it somewhere and see if some wizard can help me. Were you able to use both in Ekos before?

I just used SBIG ST-8XE as CCD & Guider and it downloaded OK, but maybe two physical SBIGs will cause another behaviour.
9 years 7 months ago #1709

It's a design flaw with ST-i - I did exactly the same thing and had to get the board replaced. :( Expensive mistake.

The SBIG ST-8XE as CCD & Guider -- yes this worked well for me as well. I'm wanting to add the ST-i in to guide in front of the filter.

Looking back through this thread, it seems I might not have actually had them both working together at the same time - even though I thought I had done some indoor testing to suggest that I did.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Chris Ryan.
9 years 7 months ago #1710

How much did it cost to replace the board?
9 years 7 months ago #1714

I can't remember the exact amount, but it was around 30-40% of a new camera - not cheap.
9 years 7 months ago #1716

Time to create page: 0.667 seconds