INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FYI - Windows running Synscan,Android Phone running Sky Safari,

• Thank you received: 74
Update - now have Astrometry.net working both online and offline - not too bad speed on the offline is "close" to object. The Ekos options index set up sucks big time - fails to download and install anything - partly due to permissions I had to do it manually bu copying files from share on my pc then use SUDO mv to move he files to /usr/share area - not something a novice would want to do. People on SGL are saying Indilib is for "Geeks" I do have some sympathy iwith what they say. While I am on a rant - make geo settings a bit more friendly like excepting locations details in other formats and converting the data to the required values. Plus updating GPhoto means you have to set up the camera sensor/res again - there most be a better way !!!!!!
Sorry got out of bed he wrong way :-)

Any how now waiting for clear skies for full field test.
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #29446

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I agree with you on the Astrometry download feature, it fails more often than not on Linux due to security. Didn't have time to dig into the failure itself as it is generic. You don't need to sudo mv stuff, there are debian packages for all the index files that can install everything as documented.

What's the issue with GPhoto? It should only ask you once per camera.
5 years 7 months ago #29486

Thanks for the reply !

The Debian packages also failed (well did for me !) and of course you still need to use SUDO anyway if only by entering the security password - The copy process is no big deal for me but for many they need "the easy option" .

GPhoto was updated but the first time I opened Kstars/Indi after the update I was asked again for the sensor size etc as you would for a first time set up!
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 7 months ago #29491

Update - this method of using the SW Windows App Pro under Wine seems to be working very well - no real problems.

For the next trick I am going to use Udev to create a symbolic link between a TTY por and call it COM1 - doubt it will work but worth a try to remove Ser2net option.

Has anyone tried using Udev to create a COM por for a Wine run program ?????? Did it work

5 years 7 months ago #29580

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds