INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

poss bug in DSLR with exp over 9 secs and it seems to be Mirror

• Thank you received: 74
Ok thanks for the help but I am going to abandon my Indi project till next year. I need to be able to trust whats going on and DSLR on Indi with my Canon 100d is playing ball. Good luck with your project - clear skies
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #29590

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I submitted a change now that *might* fix this issue, it should be available in INDI Nightly PPA later on.
5 years 6 months ago #29717

Just tried it after changing to nightly and install/update - no difference same error :-(
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #29731

One question do you use LAN or Wifi for your connections - I use Wifi (connected by Realvnc)?

Something else I have noticed since 2.5 now getting double click of lens shutter and or Mirror Lock - but they arn't he correct number of seconds - e.g. 2 secs mirror lock last click noise maybe 5-10secs after image is displayed.

Also black images are starting to appear if you change ISO settings or exposure length.

5 years 6 months ago #29777

Is this with v2.5 of INDI Gphoto driver?
5 years 6 months ago #29836

Yep - Indi Devices reports v2.5 for the Indi Canon dslr driver which I presume is the same thing as Indi Gphoto driver as its a Sym Link.

Before the upgrade it showed v2.4.

5 years 6 months ago #29837

I have ( i think) found the problem, I know I was going to ignore it until next year but the weather has been bad for Astro so I did some more testing/digging.

The problem appears to be Noise Reduction setting in my Canon 100d - I have it on and my APT works no problem however this causes no end of weird things in Indi/Ekos which I believe is a timing problem caused by NR.

If I switch NR off on the camera Indi / Ekos works for both FITS and Native no matter what expo time I set (well 60 ,30,20,10,6 secs all work ! :-) )

I found this for a Nikon camera and thought I wonder github.com/gphoto/libgphoto2/issues/94 - well it looks like thats it.

I still have to do live field testing but that looks to be good step forward

P.S. I like the new Icon for Live Viewing !!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Teseo
5 years 5 months ago #30102

Thanks, I'll make sure to add this note to the GPhoto driver documentatoin.
5 years 5 months ago #30104

ok just did a field test - using rpi3 stand alone and Rpi3 as server and PC running Kstars/ Platesolving - on both DSLR behaved 100%.

Please can the Scheduler be fixed - LOL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 5 months ago #30148

Time to create page: 1.002 seconds