INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Language of Ekos/Kstars

• Thank you received: 2
Dear Indi-Community,
Dear Jasem aka knro,

I have been at a Telescope-Meeting and Astrophotography-Course in Falera (Switzerland). link: www.mirasteilas.net/
We had superb weather conditions and took some great pictures.
During the lectures concerning the astrophotography workflow, they used about 15 different programs to control one imaging train. I can imagine, that it is not very pleasing and attractive for beginners to learn every program. In addition to that, most of them cost some money.
So I asked them if they knew the program Kstars & Ekos. I was very surprised, that nobody knew about it, so I showed them the features it has. They really liked it and most of them said, that they are going to test it.
I also showed them the well-done tutorials on the indilib webpage. A few of them were wondering if the program (and the tutorials) is available in German.
I wasn't sure and quickly looked it up but didn't really find an answer to it.

(@knro) If there is no german language, I would like to know if it is possible to create a language package for Ekos/Kstars?!

I am doing some (half automated) sequence astrophotography with Ekos as my matriculation (final) project of high-school. (It is called "Maturaarbeit" in Switzerland)
Additional to that I plan to translate/write a small handbook for Ekos in german with an explanation to every device we have in the observatory of our school, so interested students have less struggle to start with astrophotography. :-)

So my question is if I can contribute to this Open-Source project Kstars by translating the GUI to german.

It would mean very much to me and I guess Indi could be spread into more parts of the world like that, which it absolutely deserves.

Thank you!
Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 6 months ago #29424

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the INDI community. This is a KStars-specific question, so I'll move it to the Ekos subforum.

At any rate, KStars is already available in German. It is translated at around 87% as you can see here:

l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/de/extragear-edu/

You can of course join the KDE internationalization team (i18n) to learn how about to contribute to translation efforts. But this covers the KStars GUI. I do not believe we have any Ekos documentation in German, nor there are video tutorials in German as well, so that would be great to have certainly. Depending on your OS, you may need to install additional packages to enable translations. I believe under Windows & MacOS, 60+ languages are already bundled.
5 years 6 months ago #29430

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds