Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Udev rules for USB camera's

Udev rules for USB camera's 1 week 2 days ago #29581

• stash
  • stash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
On my Fedora 28 set up afer Fedora is updated it reinstalls the mount sharing for my Canon DSLR and I have to do the FAQ DSLR tricks again plus even after unmounting the camera (its Gnome) the permissions for the USB device are wrong and the CONNECT fails.

So I created a new rule to change the permissions to 0666 which seems to work even if I unplug and reinsert the USB camera cable.

However I notice that there are rules (very long) that Gphoto2 provide which just looks,amongs other things, for a PTP device but this seems not to be working on Fedora 28. I have read somewhere that if the rule is too long( 1ms ?) Udev will drop the rule - is this true or is it per line in a rules file !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica