INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Baader-Planetarium Dome

Ok, did quick test today and results are improved but not sure if they're good enough. Can you try with at least one object and see the difference again between MaximDL and Ekos?
9 years 3 months ago #2652

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Still not good... N/E/W was not that bad (optical axis was looking at the edge of the shutter), but S was totally wrong :( Visualization is needed indeed! It can accelerate up the things with debugging... And what about my proposal with ASCOM?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Alexandru Barbovschi.
9 years 3 months ago #2659

I found the relevant code in the ASCOM sources :) If interested I can point where and how to find it, I want badly to get slaving correction working (Lovejoy is so tasty to hunt it now!)
9 years 3 months ago #2669

I think it is best if you follow this up with Ferran since he developed the slaving code. I will send you his email on private.
9 years 3 months ago #2672

It's been a while since I last time wrote here... Algorithm is working not that good as I would like to, but better than in the beginning. There is a problem with slaving - finders/telescopes attached to the main tube. As I can understand main mirror size is participating in the calculation of the slaving... but it would be better to use a custom number given by the user in order to compensate for the "real" aperture. Could you please implement this?
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Alexandru Barbovschi.
9 years 1 week ago #3920

• Thank you received: 25
Ok, I'm a little bit late here, but MaxDome II has a specific command to find home position. It's called "Home". :evil:
When this command is called the dome moves CW until he find "home" sensor and he establishes that position as zero counts.
This only give the home position, but you need to know how many counts has a full turn. This is configured manually in the property "ticks per turn". You only need to calibrate this number once. There is a specific procedure for MaxDome II to calculate this number.
- Make home
- Make a full turn CW until home again
- MaxDome II status answer always include current position and last tick value when arrived to Home.
- Use this value as "ticks per turn" calibration.

By the way, I miss "Home" command in dome control panel. I thing this command is pretty standard for domes, unless the have an absolute encoder.

Regards
8 years 6 months ago #5429

Do you have a dome using MaxDome II controller?
8 years 6 months ago #5430

Yes. I'm finally get time and a new computer where I can run Kubuntu VM flawlessly so I'm resuming my astronomy work.
Regards,
Ferran Casarramona
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ferran Casarramona.
8 years 6 months ago #5431

Before I used a self made INDI client to control (more or less) my Dome. It's a FreePascal (Lazarous) app under OSX
I thing it's nicer and better to have all functionality in EKOS.
I attach some screen shots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
8 years 6 months ago #5432
Attachments:

Great!! Glad to have you back! It would be awesome if you can take a look at the MaxDomeII driver as it received a few modifications along the way and I'm not sure if it is working or not now as before. Also, the slaving code was never thoroughly tested, so finding out if it really works would be great!
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 6 months ago #5433

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds