INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

My gentoo overlay with indilib 3rd party drivers

• Thank you received: 7
You are right. But these paths are coded somewhere into the build scripts provided by astrometry itself. But I will look into this in the futurue and try to come up with workaround.

EDIT: The future is now! I have updated ebuild and now everything is installed in the right directories. I am thinking about creating ebuilds for index files too, now.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Ctibor Brančík.
9 years 1 month ago #3511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
It's been a while and I'm not sure if you still monitor this thread.

I tried to install the libqhy package that's a prerequisite for the indi driver for qhy. I got this error:

* apply patches -->
* ERROR: sci-libs/libqhy-9999::brancik-overlay failed (prepare phase):
* subversion: /var/lib/layman/brancik-overlay/sci-libs/libqhy/files/libqhy-1.0.0_fix_cmake_symlink.patch not found

There's a similar file there, so I tried to copy the file to the expected name. When I did that, it was not happy with the patch at all:
* Failed Patch: libqhy-1.0.0_fix_cmake_symlink.patch !
* ( /var/lib/layman/brancik-overlay/sci-libs/libqhy/files/libqhy-1.0.0_fix_cmake_symlink.patch )

Removing the file doesn't help, of course. :)

Any ideas?
8 years 7 months ago #5190

Hi,
I am currently busy with family issues (my sisters weding really :-)). I will try to fix it with bump to indilib 1.1.0.

C.
8 years 7 months ago #5192

Well, it took me nearly 6 months to get back to this (work, life, etc), so I suspect I can wait a bit longer. :)

Note that I was using the -9999 version - I want to get the latest bleeding edge stuff to test.
8 years 7 months ago #5219

• Thank you received: 0
Looks like the tar files for 1.0.0 are no longer available on sourceforge, and this is causing breakage with the indilib ebuilds in the overlay.

Is there a plan to update the overlay with 1.1.0 ?? (it was just released beginning of Sept)
8 years 6 months ago #5439

I have finally updated overlay. I have tested only v1.1.0 ebuild which should build fine. Please test and report bugs :-)
8 years 5 months ago #6015

Overlay just updated with fresh new 1.2.0 ebuilds. Enjoy!
8 years 2 months ago #6863

I'm rebuilding my laptop again (from a new install) and I stumbled across the qsi + libftdi problem I mentioned a long time ago. Would it be possible for the qsi build to request a < 1.0 version of the libftdi installed, and to depend on it? While it's easy enough to add the package mask and do the install, it's currently the only thing I've found in the @indilibs build set that doesn't happen automatically.

Also, thanks again for updating! :)
7 years 10 months ago #8505

Overlay has been updated to reflect new release of indilib!

New drivers are included. Please test!

Known problem: On my machine I cannot compile QHY driver, it throws this error:
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/indi_qhy_ccd.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++   -march=amdfam10 -O2 -pipe    -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed CMakeFiles/indi_qhy_ccd.dir/qhy_ccd.cpp.o  -o indi_qhy_ccd -rdynamic -lindidriver -lcfitsio -lqhy -lusb-1.0 -lpthread 
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::find(char const*, unsigned long) const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string()@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::c_str() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::substr(unsigned long, unsigned long) const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator=(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::resize(unsigned long)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::compare(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::find(char, unsigned long) const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::data() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::size() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_stringstream()@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::empty() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::length() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::str() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::at(unsigned long)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::append(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::begin()@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::end()@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_stringstream(std::_Ios_Openmode)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::clear()@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::compare(char const*) const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator[](unsigned long)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::rfind(char const*, unsigned long) const@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator+=(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.3/../../../libqhy.so: undefined reference to `std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator=(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

I have investigated, that this is some problem with my toolchain. I am curious, if you can report, that this works for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 5 months ago #11879

Finaly, the update to v1.4.1 is available in overlay. Keep in mind however, that QHY driver has to be compiled with GCC 5 which is not stable on Gentoo. This can result in requirement of rebuilding many packages on your machine.
7 years 1 month ago #15030

I am happy to announce, that ebuilds for v1.5.0 are now in overlay. Including new drivers: inovaplx, mgen and rtlsdr. Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Chris Ryan, Vincent Groenewold
6 years 3 months ago #21895

Should the download documentation page be updated for the changes you've made? I think it's still refers to 1.0.0 and doesn't list all the drivers.

Just for completeness, etc. :)
6 years 3 months ago #22370

Time to create page: 3.420 seconds