INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fedora repo for bleeding edge INDI & KStars

• Thank you received: 41
Really difficult, I use exactly this kstars-bleeding package (command is kstars) here and it works fine on 3 computers and a testing VM with a new Fedora 21 64 Bit installation. Maybe I should create a Live image to test (is very easy). Which repositories are enabled?
9 years 1 month ago #3652

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
Just done an upgrade to Fedora 22 and everything working fine now thanks ;-))
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3653

• Thank you received: 0
It looks like OpenSuse has sorted this out via the package search lupnix. I doubt if I will be able to try it on 13.2 before I go away for a while but seems ok on 12.3 and also more solid than another version I managed to get running - not bleeding of course but then adult providers usually maintain 2 - stable and latest. Perhaps bleeding has found it;s way into tumbleweed. Not much interest to me as I use my desktop for all sorts of things.

John
-
9 years 4 weeks ago #3704

hi
Sorry for my bad English (thanks google translate), I hope you understand
I'm trying to install Fedora 22 and I could with Kstars bleeding and indi-left ....
I can not install indi-gphoto because it gives me a message about dependencies ....
It requires libgphoto2_port.so.10 but libgphoto2 2.5.7.2.fc22 (the only one that I find in the repository) contains libgphoto2_port.so.12.
I am a newbie to linux.
thanks
8 years 10 months ago #4316

The repository is not yet enabled for Fedora 22 (not yet available on openSUSE Buildservice, should be within next days)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler, Paolo Casarini
8 years 10 months ago #4317

Ok, I'll wait then ...
With Fedora and your repository I managed to Kstars bleeding function properly (no Kubuntu 4.15 no debian 8)
Thanks a lot ...
8 years 10 months ago #4318

Available for Fedora 22 now :)

BUT: astrometry.net doesn't compile on F22 (and will not compile on any other system with new GCC 5.x), so it is not available. As Fedora 21 and 22 are binary compatible you can grab the Fedora 21 astrometry package. I do so and had no issues right now.

Greetings,
Christian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo Casarini
8 years 10 months ago #4328

Patched astrometry.net Makefile to compile fine on Fedora 22, hopefully without side effects.
8 years 10 months ago #4335

Thanks for the update ... I installed gphoto without problems, but when I click a preview I get the error "failed parser raw image".
Indeed shot without problems in size S1, but RAW is wrong.
Mistake in the configuration of gphoto or do I have to install some packages that I missed?
thanks
Paolo
8 years 10 months ago #4373

• Thank you received: 6
Thanks Christian for providing a INDI & KStars5 RPM for openSuse 13.2. Works well. A request, as I have not been successful
at creating PyIndi.py with Indi 1.1.0 - could you put a PyIndi together suitable for your other openSuse RPM? I would like to
continue moving my client over to Indi capable.

Thanks
8 years 9 months ago #4583

Time to create page: 1.454 seconds