INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fedora repo for bleeding edge INDI & KStars

• Thank you received: 41

Error message says: You have a problem with access to official Fedora repositories. Has nothing to do with my repo. So just retry.
9 years 1 month ago #3613

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
Doh!! I only copied half the line ;-)
9 years 1 month ago #3614

Still problems accessing Fedora repos?? will try later.
cheers
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3615

Sorry Christian should I be expecting a .rpm file at that address as I keep getting error messages. There is a libindi1.0.0.svn2138 build?. Apologies not used to Fedora/Yum/Dnf etc...;-)
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3624

dnf install http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lupinix-indi:/fedora-bleeding/Fedora_21/noarch/lupinix-indi-bleeding-1.0-8.1.noarch.rpm
Should work @Fedora, tested just now. In general you can grab the rpms manually here: download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:...-bleeding/Fedora_21/

Packaged svn revision (all INDI packages except Atik) is 2138 for now. To get the packaged revision just look at changelog in spec file: build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/hom...eeding.spec?expand=1 Normally the revision would be part of the packages Release tag, but OBS replaces it with the revision in OBS repo :(
9 years 1 month ago #3625

I don`t seem to be having much luck running Kstars-bleeding on Fedora. I seemed to install all the relevant repo stuff, installed Kstars-bleedin,eqmod,Atik,SX modules etc but clicking on the Kstars icon on the desktop, nothing happens. I then try in a console and also reinstalling it and get this-

[root@localhost steve]# dnf install kstars-bleeding
Fedora 21 - x86_64 - Updates 3.3 MB/s | 16 MB 00:04
Package kstars-bleeding-2.3.0-8.3.x86_64 is already installed, skipping.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
[root@localhost steve]# kstars
kstars: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libKF5ItemViews.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZNK19QAbstractProxyModel15canDropMimeDataEPK9QMimeDataN2Qt10DropActionEiiRK11QModelIndex
[root@localhost steve]# kstars-bleeding
bash: kstars-bleeding: command not found...

any other command I can try please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3649

Really difficult, I use exactly this kstars-bleeding package (command is kstars) here and it works fine on 3 computers and a testing VM with a new Fedora 21 64 Bit installation. Maybe I should create a Live image to test (is very easy). Which repositories are enabled?
9 years 1 month ago #3652

Just done an upgrade to Fedora 22 and everything working fine now thanks ;-))
Steve
9 years 1 month ago #3653

• Thank you received: 0
It looks like OpenSuse has sorted this out via the package search lupnix. I doubt if I will be able to try it on 13.2 before I go away for a while but seems ok on 12.3 and also more solid than another version I managed to get running - not bleeding of course but then adult providers usually maintain 2 - stable and latest. Perhaps bleeding has found it;s way into tumbleweed. Not much interest to me as I use my desktop for all sorts of things.

John
-
9 years 3 weeks ago #3704

hi
Sorry for my bad English (thanks google translate), I hope you understand
I'm trying to install Fedora 22 and I could with Kstars bleeding and indi-left ....
I can not install indi-gphoto because it gives me a message about dependencies ....
It requires libgphoto2_port.so.10 but libgphoto2 2.5.7.2.fc22 (the only one that I find in the repository) contains libgphoto2_port.so.12.
I am a newbie to linux.
thanks
8 years 10 months ago #4316

The repository is not yet enabled for Fedora 22 (not yet available on openSUSE Buildservice, should be within next days)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler, Paolo Casarini
8 years 10 months ago #4317

Ok, I'll wait then ...
With Fedora and your repository I managed to Kstars bleeding function properly (no Kubuntu 4.15 no debian 8)
Thanks a lot ...
8 years 10 months ago #4318

Time to create page: 1.552 seconds