INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Compiling INDI from source on OpenSuse

• Thank you received: 0
I may be getting some where on this but have the following errors. The source was downloaded from this site about 1 hr ago.
/home/john/Documents/Software/INDI/libindi-1.0.0/drivers/telescope/skywatcherAPI.cpp: In member function ‘void SkywatcherAPI::PrepareForSlewing(SkywatcherAPI::AXISID, double)’:
/home/john/Documents/Software/INDI/libindi-1.0.0/drivers/telescope/skywatcherAPI.cpp:464:13: error: ‘sleep_for’ is not a member of ‘std::this_thread’
/home/john/Documents/Software/INDI/libindi-1.0.0/drivers/telescope/skywatcherAPI.cpp: In member function ‘void SkywatcherAPI::SlewTo(SkywatcherAPI::AXISID, long int)’:
/home/john/Documents/Software/INDI/libindi-1.0.0/drivers/telescope/skywatcherAPI.cpp:701:17: error: ‘sleep_for’ is not a member of ‘std::this_thread’
make[2]: *** [libs/indibase/alignment/CMakeFiles/indi_skywatcherAPIMount.dir/__/__/__/drivers/telescope/skywatcherAPI.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libs/indibase/alignment/CMakeFiles/indi_skywatcherAPIMount.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
j

I assume this can't have anything to do with the distro I am using ??????????

John
-
9 years 1 week ago #3628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Difficult… Which openSUSE version do you use? I'm also working on openSUSE packages, but they are fare from ready for now. But libindi itself built fine build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:lup...USE-bleeding/libindi

NOTE: Repo *not* for production use! Even no packages except libindi 1.0.0 (no svn snapshot, just a test with release)
9 years 1 week ago #3632

OpenSuse 12.3 as from what I have seen there shouldn't be any dep' problems. Generally when I do this sort of thing with other packages I don't get compiler errors of this nature. Usually incorrect libs only.

I am hoping that you will sort opensuse but am just playing for something to do. I have several versions of the libs it needs on my machine but couldn't meet one of the requirements in the install file - libgsl0-dev however I suspect that the dev detail is provided within another package otherwise there would be a lot more errors. As far as I am aware compiles fail immediately if the dev files aren't there.

;) Anyway the big problem usually crops up when Kstars is added but I have only tried that on 13.2

John
-
9 years 1 week ago #3633

Try to compile on 13.2, maybe the compiler in 12.3 is too old. Had the same problem on Raspbian some time ago... Some parts of INDI need a proper C++11 compiler (as currrent GCC versions are)
9 years 1 week ago #3634

It's 4.7 on 12.3 and 4.8 on 13.2 and an unofficial 4.9 is available for 13.2. I could update 12.3 to 4..8 using rpmpbone - the unofficial suse repo. I can get into a mess doing that though - pulling any extra packages I might need from different repo's.

John
-
9 years 1 week ago #3636

I recommend a VM for such testing! Install new one, clone it and only work with the clones :D Saves much time @testing.
9 years 1 week ago #3637

B) Breaking my 12.3 might encourage me to install 13.2.

I've just started on the 3rd party downloaded at the same time as indi. Only one problem once I realised that the missing libraries had to be built and installed in their own directories - a note in the install files or output would help numpties like me.

The problem was libsbiguidrv which seem to be distributed none OSS ! That needed cmake 1st in it's directory. It tried excluding sbig from the build but the lib was still required. That gives all libs found but the final make gives the following error.
-
/home/john/Documents/Software/INDI/libindi_3rdparty-1.0.0/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:195:45:   required from here
/usr/include/c++/4.7/tr1/functional:1797:9: error: too few arguments to function
make[2]: *** [indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [indi-eqmod/CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any thoughts on how to get round that one?

John
-
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by John.
9 years 1 week ago #3641

No need to install from source now. It's all available on package search. I installed on OpenSuse 123. but assume that the same is available for 13,2. The package search Kstars and INDI might be an update on what is usually in the distro.

The only problem I had was conflicts with bits I had tried to install manually but YAST offered a downgrade upgrade mix and all went ok.

Working but must admit I expected the simulators to be more realistic.

John
-
9 years 5 days ago #3703

Time to create page: 1.012 seconds