INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems with the Ekos VM on Linux

• Thank you received: 0
I've downloaded the VM 3 times and each time I try to install it in the latest VirtualBox I get this error message
-
Failed to import appliance /home/john/Documents/Software/INDI/ekos.ova.
Could not create the imported medium '/home/john/VirtualBox VMs/Ekos/Ekos-disk1.vmdk'.
VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted '/home/john/Ekos-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Details
Result Code: 
VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: Appliance
Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

VirtualBox was installed via an RPM from their site and updated yesterday but I think the update has been about for a couple of weeks. Other things go in without any problems.

John
-
9 years 4 weeks ago #3675

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please check that the downloaded file's MD5 sum is f2511bac75cccffa1050dbdeadfae6c8
9 years 4 weeks ago #3682

I'm getting

2c5082b43506b1845460446de1cf2de9

but the same comes out using md5sum in binary or text mode. It's not something I have used often before. I'm using version 8.17

I'll try downloading it again. I have used different browser and had problems with it erroring out a couple of times. One would pick up again but I deleted it and started again.

John
-
9 years 4 weeks ago #3683

I seem to have succeeded after one more failed attempt. The downloads seem to finish before the end of the file has been reached. Not sure why as I have downloaded several different distro's of late and they check out ok.

John
-
9 years 4 weeks ago #3684

The VM booted Ubuntu start up ok but wouldn't run the desktop or anything else - just a dead black screen.

To check virtualbox I installed an asto distro and that loaded and ran ok.

John
-
9 years 3 weeks ago #3702

Time to create page: 0.714 seconds