INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Custom Dome driver on Rpi

• Thank you received: 7
I'm developing a driver for my home-grown Dome-control hardware; and I have reached a point of confusion.

My driver works on Ubuntu, where the dome interface is in the single Dome class (file indidome.h); This matches the online doc www.indilib.org/api/classINDI_1_1Dome.html

On raspberrry pi my driver does not work. I notice that here there is an additional DomeInterface class, (in file indidomeinterface.h).
NOTE: 1. I have the latest raspberry pi download of indi-full.

The question is, would some kind and knowledgeable person please offer me some guidance? Is there some doc for the RPi implementation?
8 years 7 months ago #5008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For Raspberry PI you should use the package I provide ( daily builds ).

Tip: If you're using a roll-off observatory, look at roll_off dome driver, otherwise, checkout dome simulator for regular domes.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 7 months ago #5010

thanks for quick response.

I'm using your package - honest. ... and I am trying to use dome simulator for reference.

My confusion is over which version of the simulator driver source is compatible with indilib in RPi (and where to get it).
8 years 7 months ago #5013

This is sorted now (obsolete headers in /usr/local/include/libindi caused problems). Everything is now behaving as expected.

I must say thank you for reassuring help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
8 years 7 months ago #5019

Dome driver working very satisfactorily with simulated hardware. The only loose ends I have to get my head around are parking and homing. Apropos homing, I find that the property DOME_PARAMS=>HOME_POSITION appears to be missing from the latest RPi distribution (2015-09-16 22:02:27). Should I be implementing this property or is it to be included in the dome base?

NOTE: I really like KSTARS/INDI and the way the system is evolving. Up front It provides such a lot of essential support and is excellent to extend. With this platform I now (finally) see my way clear to progress quite quickly from manual observation, to remote, then to fully-unattended operation.
8 years 7 months ago #5174

There are two options:

1. Implement homing in the UnPark() call, as tools like Ekos expect that after a dome is "unparked" then it is ready to go.
2. Store the home positions in the Presets group (If you have relative/absolute dome positions). Then just click on the preset to go to the home position.

Gonzo might share his dome implementation, he already has it working on the hardware level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Barlow
8 years 7 months ago #5175

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds