INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Learning EQMOD

• Thank you received: 7

Learning EQMOD was created by Robert Barlow

Hello.
I've started to use the eqmod, telescope driver and would appreciate advice on the best way to gain a good understanding. For example, are there any threads in the forum I should attend to or any textual documentation I can chase up?
Thanks
Robert :unsure:

PS: I'm already familiar with EQASCOM; but don't fully understand the sync and align interfaces in INDI implementation.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Robert Barlow. Reason: Add clarification
8 years 6 months ago #5416

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Robert Barlow on topic Learning EQMOD

Looks as though I'm asking a difficult question or a very dumb one. There are some aspects of both Sync and Alignment tabs that I can't intuit; and I can't find any documentation that explains either. I have just started to read the source code. I would really appreciate a hint whether this is a the only approach to a good understanding of how the Sync and Alignment functions work.

Sorry if I'm being a pain.

Robert
8 years 6 months ago #5449

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Learning EQMOD

You really don't have to worry much. The only thing to check is which alignment mode you want whether N-Star or something else. Besides that, you just slew to your target, and if the target is off, you use NSEW motion to center it, then you click on the same target in KStars and select "sync". If you're using Ekos with Astrometry, it's even easier. Just slew to target, then run the solver in the Ekos Align module, and make sure to select "Slew to Target". So it solves the images, and then it syncs the EQMod and then slews to target. Works like a charm on my HEQ5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Barlow
8 years 6 months ago #5450

Replied by Robert Barlow on topic Learning EQMOD

Many thanks.
I am currently running an HEQ5 and Ekos so will go with what you suggest.
I have an EQ8 waiting for me to weld up a pier - another story.
8 years 6 months ago #5451

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds