Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kstars/VNC keyboard issue

Kstars/VNC keyboard issue 7 months 5 days ago #13734

• AtM
  • AtM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,
Well, I've switched over to using vino on the RPi2-Mate board in combination with TightVNC on the Windows laptop. Seems to work quite well.
I did order a Pi3 now, to get rid of some of the network/USB bog-up. At least the WLAN doesn't use the USB on the Pi3.
Cheers,
Arjan
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelgeMK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kstars/VNC keyboard issue 2 months 5 days ago #17267

Der Arjan,

With great interest I have been reading your manual on the dual RPi - design looks great and I am tempted to replicate. Thank you so much for efforts and sharing! Now, also after checking all infos on indilib, I am not clear whether or not I need to run the indi drivers and Ekos on seperate physical Rasberry's, as suggested, or can run both on one single RPi (as per Ekos Tutorial for Rasberry it does not seem required)? I am planning to access Ekos (and ccd, Fits viewer) via VNC from my Android tablet. So far, the software seems to run, including Vino VNC server, accessing via Real VNC. Is it by any chance, the performance that is better when splitting drivers and Ekos-client?

Many thanks in advance, hope my question is not too trivial.

Best, Helge

Kstars/VNC keyboard issue 2 months 4 days ago #17270

• AtM
  • AtM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Helge,
Since I purchased an RPi3 I run KStars and IndiLib on this module, no performance issues. The RPi3 has much improved networking and built-in WiFi, and this eases the design a lot. I did use a Andoid phone with (I believe) RealVNC, but you can try out different clients. I do like to have larger area and many pixels, so a tablet would be a better choice.
One note: I have not tried the autoguider yet, this may prove performance heavy and hence still require the second RPi.
Good luck, keep us posted with your experiences!
Cheers,
Arjan
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelgeMK

Kstars/VNC keyboard issue 2 months 4 days ago #17273

This was my experience at first as well and was discussed in one of my first threads. I also settled on X11VNC. I have also had a good experience with NoMachine and it's Android app.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica