INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy G11 "Error setting RA/DEC"?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I am experiencing some strange stuff with my Losmandy G11 tonight. I cannot slew to certain positions, such as Regulus. I can slew close to it, but for some reason, some positions just are not possible. I get the followint error:
"Error setting RA/DEC"

Attached is verbose debug output from the mount. Any ideas on this?

Magnus
8 years 1 month ago #7212
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any limits set in the controller? Date / Time OK?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 1 month ago #7216

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I just reset time and location in the mount, and tested it all again, indoors. I've set the slew limits to east and west with the handcontroller to the mount. So: I slew towards triangulum, that is for the moment around my meridian, from the east. I get the Error setting RA/Dec mesage. So I slew manually, that is, with motion control in the Indi panel. And correct enough, I hit the slew limit there before reaching Triangulum. So I do a meridian flip, manually. And slew to the east, until I reach the slew limit - that is when the scope has reached far beyond Triagulum (from the west, moving east). So approaching from the west, Triangulum lies well within reach of the scope.

So, back to Kstars. I point and click on the star map in Triangulum - and get the same error. Now, funnily, I can point and click farther to the east, that is, much closer to the safety slew limit and it slews there. So now I approach Triangulum from a position where the scope moves away from the limit.... but still the same error - only in the area around Triangulim.

The essence is, that limits might be involved since Triangulum lies near one limit, when scope is to the west of the mount, approaching from the east. But with the scope on the other side of the mount, Triangulum is far from the slew limit. And it is only the area around Triangulum that produces this error.

Attached is a log file from this experiment. Does it make sense?

Funnily, the scope does not do a meridian flip either, when I click and point beyond the limit. I need to manually take a tour around the limit to produce a meridian flip.

Does this make sense?

Magnus
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Magnus Larsson.
8 years 1 month ago #7226
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds