INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Bisque Paramount - INDI driver for TSX TCP API?

• Thank you received: 20

Can you elaborate on what you might consider to be better? I know the system can execute short programs in javascript. Is that what you mean?
7 years 10 months ago #8379

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry I phrased it incorrectly. INDI mount drivers usually directly control the mount, not via some 3rd party server. If this is implemented as a driver, it would require the SkyX TCP server to be running, while a direct driver to the physical port of the mount would not require this additional layer in the middle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg
7 years 10 months ago #8382

I'm starting to write the TSX TCP driver, who can test?
7 years 1 month ago #15005

I can test it. Details?
6 years 11 months ago #16699

No details, it's already in INDI so you can test it out now. If you're using Ekos, you should find it in the "Mount" dropdown.
6 years 11 months ago #16702

I am using Ekos. I assume you mean the Paramount driver?

I did a quick test with the Paramount driver against TSX running the mount simulator. I will test with the MX+ tomorrow.

Initial feedback:

- The TCP connection establishes, TSX sees it and registers transactions
- The driver does not actually register as connected and gives the error "unable to connect to telescope: (0).
- The IP and port settings do not persist between restarts of indi server

I'll keep digging into this.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Greg.
6 years 11 months ago #16703

Thanks for testing. Please enable DEBUG logging from the driver to file. Check my signature for details. For IP & Port settings, go to Options --> Configuration --> Save

Submit log so we can check what went wrong exactly.
6 years 11 months ago #16704

OK. It seems to be working with the mount attached. I did some basic tests and everything seemed to go well. Parking, unparking, turning tracking on/off, slews, etc all seem fine at least in the "lab". I'll need to dig into this a bit more once my next stint of travel finishes up - probably 2 weeks or so. On my todo list are guiding, astrometry-based slews, and general imaging. Anything else specifically I should test out? I can run a few more tests this weekend but they'll all be indoors.

I've attached the debug log file in case it is helpful.

This is very exciting. Thanks much for getting this going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Derek
6 years 11 months ago #16712
Attachments:

I did another test using the telescope simulator in TSX. Seems to work now. If that works, it might be that users with non-bisque mounts may like this option as it can allow them to take advantage of TPoint. Maybe renaming the driver to TSX or TheSkyX would be apropos to such a case.
6 years 11 months ago #16714

Yeah, I can add an alias "TheSkyX" later on. I didn't implement all functionality, but the basic ones only available via TheSkyX scripting. Thanks for testing!
6 years 11 months ago #16720

Sounds good.

Any chance you can add the ability to home the paramounts? This might be a helpful start up sequence option, or even just a button to make it do this. I believe the command is findHome().

Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Muller
6 years 11 months ago #16725

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am trying to control a Paramount Mount with TSX in ubuntu 16.04, with Ekos using TCP API of TSX. It does connect and read coordinates, but any slew fail. TSX stand-alone is capable, of course of slewing. Before connecting INDI, I prepare TSX with Find Home, that works, and leave the mount in tracking.
Any idea, how to debug the situacion? After any try to slew, or start tracking, or Park/Unpark.. etc, from INDI, the interface of TSX shows "Connection problems" and some time even bring COM popups. Later than this, I have to reboot the mountand TSX.
Thanks
6 years 6 months ago #19888

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds