INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Will INDI support the CGX?

• Thank you received: 23
Thinking about getting my first GEM mount, but really wanting to use an INDI workflow.

Will INDI support the CGX? It seems like it supports the AVX, but it isn't clear (to me) if they use the same protocol.

Thanks!
7 years 4 months ago #12070

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I believe it would work with the regular celestron driver. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
7 years 4 months ago #12078

• Thank you received: 0
I cannot connect my cgx, I am added to the dialup group. I found this, but do not know where to put it 'stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 clocal'

'2018-02-15T01:15:50: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/ttyUSB0). Error: Port failure Error: Permission denied. Try adding your user to the dialout group and restart (sudo adduser $USER dialout)
2018-02-15T01:15:50: [WARNING] Communication with /dev/tty/USB0 @ 9600 failed. Starting Auto Search...
2018-02-15T01:15:50: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/tty/USB0). Error: Port failure Error: Not a directory. Check if device is connected to this port.
6 years 1 month ago #23320

Try running indiserver as root? it's not recommended, but just check to see if this resolves the permission issue or if it is another issue perhaps.
6 years 1 month ago #23326

• Thank you received: 139
Did anyone ever manage to get the CGX working with INDI? I just ordered one, but have not found a single thread of info on whether or not it will work with INDI. Hoping it supports the same protocol as all the other NexStar hand controlled mounts.
5 years 4 months ago #31994

I don't see why it would be different if it uses the same protocol.
5 years 4 months ago #31996

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by J. Hill on topic Will INDI support the CGX?

I currently operate a CGX with INDI via a raspberry pi. By design, the CGX is controlled through the USB port on the handset. The only issue that I have encountered is that the mount may be off by 1 hour if "Mount Updates KStars" is not selected on the INDI tab in the KStars configuration. Other than that, I have been using it for a couple of months and slewing, guiding with the internal guider, and plate solving seem to work well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Burwell
5 years 4 months ago #32025

Try to disable "Daylight Savings" in the controller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. Hill
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 4 months ago #32033

Time to create page: 2.601 seconds