Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 3 weeks ago #13371

• psjshep
  • psjshep's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all..

I am new to all this, but have successfully got a Starlight Xpress camera & Quantum Filterwheel working fine with my Raspberry PI - this was all installed 2 days ago.

When I try to use the iOptron CEM60 mount via the "indi_ieq_telescope" driver, I get strange results :

All connect fine - date/time all ok... can park/unpark fine.... manual slew all ok...

It's when I try to use kstars on my Windows to goto any item that things get screwy - it misses the target in RA by seemingly random amounts... DEC seems ok??

I also get an error periodically (normally after a re-connect, or after the 1st slew) :
Only received #18 bytes, expected 7

This error doesn't go away until I kill off the indiserver on the pi & restart it all...

I have now enabled full debug, & here is the top of the logfile, upto & including when the error above repeats - see indilog.txt attached

I have also include screen shots of all the option tabs once the scope is attached

Thanks,
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 2 weeks ago #13628

• psjshep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I have been doing some extensive testing with my CEM60 & the indi_ieq_telescope.

Firstly, I am not a C++ programmer but have worked by example with the code to allow me to show various extra response values in order to come to some conclusions:

1. The returned offset / date / time is not being decoded properly in ieqprodriver.cpp - it doesn't take into account the daylight saving flag after the UTC offset
From iOptron's RS-232 Command Language manual, the ":GLT#" to get date/time info, returns “sMMMYYMMDDHHMMSS#
BUT a digit is missing for the daylight saving e.g.sMMMxYYMMDDHHMMSS#
where
s = sign,
MMMx = UTC offset (3 digits) plus 0 or 1 for daylight saving not used/used this is where the RS232 manual is wrong.. it doesn't show the "x" component
the rest is obvious

2. The reason for "Only received #18 bytes, expected 7" seems to be that the buffer still contains data prior to a read mount status (:GAS#)... this is why the goto's were so strange & way out...
- Crudely, I added a tcflush(fd, TCIFLUSH); before the tty_write(... and that sorted out the issue. I do not know though if there is some fundamental issue here.

3. There are issues with the site long/lat/time/date setting.... there does not appear to be any initial reading of the mount to get those settings, or at least no call to get current long & lat ( :Gg# & :Gt# )
- if Ekos is set to get info from computer, then it half works, but if set to get from device then the CEM60's long/lat & dat/time is wiped!
Again, I crudely disabled sending any set of date/time/long/lat to the mount as it has GPS...

The driver is working well for me after these fumbled changes, but I really need to work with someone who can properly correct these issues...

Anyone?

Thanks for reading my ramblings....
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Last Edit: by psjshep.

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 2 weeks ago #13655

Thanks for your investigation! I developed the driver from the RS232 documentation and users testing. At any rate, can you send me a diff of these changes? I'll take a look at #3 as well tomorrow.

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 2 weeks ago #13676

• psjshep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Jasem...

I'll strip out the test junk I put in, to leave what I did.... try to do a diff file when I get back tonight...
The main essence was
- Before every tty_write, I put a tcflush(fd, TCIFLUSH);
- I introduced an extra variable to hold the Daylight Saving Flag, & shifted the rest of the returned data down one after it. I suppose the DST should be used somewhere :whistle:

#3 is a bit of a killer for me with my very limited C++ experience...

Very much appreciate your help with this...
Phil

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 2 weeks ago #13682

• psjshep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Jasem,

My crude edits are attached - I stripped out the junk to leave the edits... I just tested the driver to make sure it seems ok - CEM60 seemed to behave ok.

The 2 x files I edited were :

indi/libindi/drivers/telescope/ieqprodriver.cpp
indi/libindi/drivers/telescope/ieqpro.cpp

Thanks,

Phil
Attachments:

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 1 week ago #13737

You have a link to the CEM60 command set? It seems the document link I used before no longer exists on their website.

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 1 week ago #13738

• psjshep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Sure... they moved stuff around last year...

www.ioptron.com/v/ASCOM/RS-232_Command_Language2014_V2.0.pdf

Phil

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 1 week ago #13748

Ok I added Latitude and Longitude commands so it reads them when it first connects. If you're using the PPA, you will see the update tomorrow.

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 1 week ago #13749

• psjshep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Nice 1!

No, I don't use PPA, but I'll grab ieqpro.cpp, ieqprodriver.h & ieqprodriver.cpp & recompile....

Thanks you B)

Phil

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3 2 months 1 week ago #13755

• psjshep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Jasem...

The recompile & install went well... I have quickly tested the driver tonight & all looks good....

Thanks for your assistance...

Phil

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica