INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CEM60 _ Raspberry PI v3

• Thank you received: 14
I have been doing some extensive testing with my CEM60 & the indi_ieq_telescope.

Firstly, I am not a C++ programmer but have worked by example with the code to allow me to show various extra response values in order to come to some conclusions:

1. The returned offset / date / time is not being decoded properly in ieqprodriver.cpp - it doesn't take into account the daylight saving flag after the UTC offset
From iOptron's RS-232 Command Language manual, the ":GLT#" to get date/time info, returns “sMMMYYMMDDHHMMSS#
BUT a digit is missing for the daylight saving e.g.sMMMxYYMMDDHHMMSS#
where
s = sign,
MMMx = UTC offset (3 digits) plus 0 or 1 for daylight saving not used/used this is where the RS232 manual is wrong.. it doesn't show the "x" component
the rest is obvious

2. The reason for "Only received #18 bytes, expected 7" seems to be that the buffer still contains data prior to a read mount status (:GAS#)... this is why the goto's were so strange & way out...
- Crudely, I added a tcflush(fd, TCIFLUSH); before the tty_write(... and that sorted out the issue. I do not know though if there is some fundamental issue here.

3. There are issues with the site long/lat/time/date setting.... there does not appear to be any initial reading of the mount to get those settings, or at least no call to get current long & lat ( :Gg# & :Gt# )
- if Ekos is set to get info from computer, then it half works, but if set to get from device then the CEM60's long/lat & dat/time is wiped!
Again, I crudely disabled sending any set of date/time/long/lat to the mount as it has GPS...

The driver is working well for me after these fumbled changes, but I really need to work with someone who can properly correct these issues...

Anyone?

Thanks for reading my ramblings....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Phil Shepherd.
7 years 3 months ago #13628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks for your investigation! I developed the driver from the RS232 documentation and users testing. At any rate, can you send me a diff of these changes? I'll take a look at #3 as well tomorrow.
7 years 3 months ago #13655

Thanks Jasem...

I'll strip out the test junk I put in, to leave what I did.... try to do a diff file when I get back tonight...
The main essence was
- Before every tty_write, I put a tcflush(fd, TCIFLUSH);
- I introduced an extra variable to hold the Daylight Saving Flag, & shifted the rest of the returned data down one after it. I suppose the DST should be used somewhere :whistle:

#3 is a bit of a killer for me with my very limited C++ experience...

Very much appreciate your help with this...
Phil
7 years 3 months ago #13676

Hi Jasem,

My crude edits are attached - I stripped out the junk to leave the edits... I just tested the driver to make sure it seems ok - CEM60 seemed to behave ok.

The 2 x files I edited were :

indi/libindi/drivers/telescope/ieqprodriver.cpp
indi/libindi/drivers/telescope/ieqpro.cpp

Thanks,

Phil
7 years 3 months ago #13682
Attachments:

You have a link to the CEM60 command set? It seems the document link I used before no longer exists on their website.
7 years 3 months ago #13737

Sure... they moved stuff around last year...

www.ioptron.com/v/ASCOM/RS-232_Command_Language2014_V2.0.pdf

Phil
7 years 3 months ago #13738

Ok I added Latitude and Longitude commands so it reads them when it first connects. If you're using the PPA, you will see the update tomorrow.
7 years 3 months ago #13748

Nice 1!

No, I don't use PPA, but I'll grab ieqpro.cpp, ieqprodriver.h & ieqprodriver.cpp & recompile....

Thanks you B)

Phil
7 years 3 months ago #13749

Hi Jasem...

The recompile & install went well... I have quickly tested the driver tonight & all looks good....

Thanks for your assistance...

Phil
7 years 3 months ago #13755

• Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,
I just recently installed Stellarmate on my Rasberry Pi and have successfully connected to my Ioptron CEM60EC mount. I am however getting the same errors you describe in this post. Would you be able to tell me how I may update my INDI library installation on Rasberry Pi to make sure I have the latest updates to the INDI library and associated drivers.

Thanks in advance for your help.
6 years 3 months ago #21770

Sandan, this problem was resolved quite a while ago. For StellarMate support, please submit a support ticket: stellarmate.com/support.html?view=ticket
6 years 3 months ago #21784

• Thank you received: 0
I re-downloaded Stellarmate last night and noticed that the version had been updated since i first installed. I'll reflash the sd card and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks
6 years 3 months ago #21789

Time to create page: 0.978 seconds