INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Calling 10Micron mount users

• Thank you received: 40
Hi all,

I've just started an indi_lx200_10micron driver which initial main focus was to support connecting to the mount over ethernet instead of serial.
This now works and the socket code is being moved up into INDI::Telescope so that all drivers can use it leaving this driver quite empty ;-) which is a good thing of course.
10Micron has lots of LX200 protocol extensions and these should all be added in the driver.
Who wants to help ? Or has ideas which extensions are needed first ?
And if you're working at 10Micron; please help this driver forward in any way possible !

-- Hans
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 1 month ago #14307

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I am using a 10 Micron GM2000 HPS II mount ( see my Flickr stream www.flickr.com/photos/kees-scherer/ and the observatory build link here: www.cloudynights.com/topic/553035-scoped...rvatory-in-portugal/ )
I am using Per Frejvall's ASCOM driver ( astro.frejvall.se/index.php?id=4 )for the mount because it features the support for the GPS (exact time) and Stickstation weather (pressure, relative hum and temperature) for the refraction correction. The mount operates with <7 arcsecond pointing accuracy.
As my setup runs flawlessly with Windows 7/Ascom/ Sequence Generator Pro (not updated, no internet connection) i do not intend to switch to Indy anytime soon but perhaps this information can help you on your way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Groenewold
7 years 1 month ago #14314

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Calling 10Micron mount users

You can add your observatory on page Who uses INDI?
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Oleg.
7 years 1 month ago #14316

Replied by Hans on topic Calling 10Micron mount users

Here's a brief progress update :
- TCP/IP connect works
- Mount model/control-box/firmware details are exposed :
10micron.PRODUCT_INFO.NAME=10micron GM2000HPS
10micron.PRODUCT_INFO.CONTROL_BOX=Q-TYPE2012
10micron.PRODUCT_INFO.FIRMWARE_VERSION=2.14.11
10micron.PRODUCT_INFO.FIRMWARE_DATE=2016-11-21T13:22:55
- On connect the driver activates the 10-Micron Ultra Precision mode (needed for ao. model building and of course helps with pointing)
- The Park/Unpark extension works

TODO's:
- Find out where J2000 to Jnow is needed
- Help build pointing models. Maybe by porting MountWizzard (python code, but tied to ASCOM and SGpro)
- remaining 10Micron protocol extensions

-- Hans
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, Vincent Groenewold
7 years 3 weeks ago #14956

• Thank you received: 223
I can't help as I do not have this mount, I have been thinking of getting one as they are awesome. I'll be watching your progress, keep us informed please.
6 years 10 months ago #16474

Replied by Hans on topic Calling 10Micron mount users

Hey Gonzothegreat, driver development has been quiet for a few weeks (real life wanted its time back ;-) and next steps will be about support for pointing models.
Building a pointing model can be done with just the hand controller of course but automation will produce better models. The other basics are there.
I did not find a co-developer yet, still hope to find one.
-- Hans
6 years 10 months ago #16492

Time to create page: 0.841 seconds