INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount meridian flip

Folks, in the Ekos "meridian-flip" code, I check if there is a difference in RA after issuing the meridian flip to see if the mount is actually flipping. If there is no big RA difference (I arbitrary chose 4 hours), then no meridian flip occurred. So are there any mounts out there that FLIP but do not report a change in its current RA/DE coordinates as they flip over?
7 years 1 month ago #14923

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by Magnus Larsson on topic Mount meridian flip

Hi!

I'm not really sure what you mean. I do a meridian flip with my Losmandy G-11, manually executed with the hand control. Then the RA/DEC coordinates in EKOS changes. RA goes "around the clock" and when flip is finished, it is back to where we started. Same with Dec - it changes somewhat and then lands on the same coordinates.

Magnus
7 years 1 month ago #14928

Update:

I've learned that the Losmandy G-11 does not flip at the meridian, but at a "GOTO-limit", defaulted at 2.5 degrees earlier than western safety limit. So by setting the hour angle smartly, I can make the scope flip. Or I can adjust the limits and make the scope filp at the meridian.

Magnus
7 years 1 month ago #15023

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Mount meridian flip

What driver do you use for the Losmandy?
7 years 1 month ago #15024

Hi!
I choose "Losmandy mount" in the setup., That is the LX200gemini-driver, I believe.

Magnus
7 years 1 month ago #15025

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Mount meridian flip

Great, I added a skeleton mount info here: indilib.org/devices/telescopes/losmandy.html

and gave you edit rights, can you please edit it and add any necessary information? like that bit for the meridian flipping and any information that would be useful for users.
7 years 1 month ago #15026

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds