INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rajiva MCU UPDATE

• Thank you received: 87

Rajiva MCU UPDATE was created by nMAC

Does anyone have a Rajiva MCU Update for HEQ5/EQ6 working correctly on INDI?
I have a portable setup using it and I can't get it to work. It works ok on windows and it's LX200 compatible, but I keep getting this messages on INDI:

2017-04-14T18:25:47.875 - DEBG - LX200 Classic : "Error reading RA/DEC.". Can't SYNC, GOTO.
I tried LX200 Basic and Classic Drivers, they connect ok but I always get that message. The classic one seems to have all options needed, would be great to have this working.
6 years 11 months ago #16194
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by nMAC on topic Rajiva MCU UPDATE

I think I found the answer to my question, the INDI LX200 drivers are sending CMD <#:GD#> and CMD <#:GR#> where it should send
CMD <:GD#> and CMD <:GR#>, without the trailing '#'.
6 years 11 months ago #16195

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
I think I have found the answer 15 minutes ago. I had the same problem with TSC, my current programming project, a telescope control/autoguider system on a raspberry pi. it is an INDI bug in my opinion: the LX 200 commands for conveying ra and decl are :SrHH:MM:SS# and :SdsDD*MM:SS# where HH MM and SS are hours, minutes and seconds, s is the sign and DD is the degree ...

INDIs LX 200 classic driver sends ::Sr HH:MM:SS# and ::SdsDD*MM:SS#

notice the difference? the LX 200 parser looks for the characters after : ... so in a proper command, it finds for instance Sr ... - in the INDI command, it finds :Sr and does not recognize the command. this is specific to the INDI drivers (it is not found with Advanced LX200 ASCOM or the direct LX 200 implementations of CdC or C2A). therefore it has to be fixed in the INDI driver as the MCU update and other Littlefoot controllers are no longer supported....
yours
wolfi

PS: you are correct, it should be :GR# and :GD# - but the format #:GR# and #:GD# is found often, also in CdC, which for instance sends #:GR#:GD# ... no one cares too much about the LX200 standard ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Wolfgang Birkfellner. Reason: other comment by the author
6 years 11 months ago #16196

Ohhh I see that! Thanks for your answer and good luck with the project
6 years 11 months ago #16199

After patching the driver code I still can't get it to work. RA Coordinate is being read and converted correctly but DEC is not, it's always null.
Did you patched it successfully?

EDIT: looks like the MCU only supports a small subset of LX200 commands, and RA/DEC coordinates use low precision data.
I have been trying the commands with windows interface (v4 control) and most of them don't even respond to queries.
I going o try adapter one of the LX200 drivers but it will be difficult without documentation.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 11 months ago #16204

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
from my experience, CdC has a rather clean implementation of basic lx200 - before i kicked my littlefoot controller, things worked fine with CdC. maybe try CdC first, especially when it comes to accuracy and so on ....
yours
wolfi
6 years 11 months ago #16222

Thanks for the suggestion, I am doing just that as CdC as a log that exports the entire communication protocol to a file.
And it works very well with the internal LX200 driver.

Regards
nMAC
6 years 11 months ago #16225

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds