INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkySafari middleware?

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by Paweł on topic SkySafari middleware?

Found the problem. NSE was using different name for the slewing mode switch (SLEWMODE same as eqmod and few others) while telescope_simulator and the template telescope driver as well as your middleware is using TELESCOPE_SLEW_RATE. I have switched the code and it works. Expect PR soon.
It may be a slight problem with OSX version since I remember that there was some issue around it. But I believe this version is better.
6 years 11 months ago #16529

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
First of all, many thanks to Jasem and to all the crew for the fantastic work on Indi.
I tried indi_skysafari both on MacOS Sierra and on the latest Ubuntu virtual machine, however I never got it to work. While the log says that "SkySafari Server is running. Connect the App now to this machine using SkySafari LX200 driver.", the status light in Indi Control Panel is RED. If I check open TCP ports, I find that indi_skysafari is running on the right port (9624) and a 'ps aux' confirms that the process is actually running. However, if I try to disconnect and connect again I get a "bind: Address already in use". To me this seems to indicate that the indi_skysafari process does not communicate at all with SkySafari and with indiserver; it doesn't respond to the disconnect request, hence the bind error when trying to launch a new instance.

All tests have been performed with simulators only, to avoid any cross-compatibility issue with other drivers. Indi SkySafari is set to Telescope Simulator with default ports. One thing I noticed is that using the Save configuration button in Options does not have effect (the next time the driver is loaded it reverts to default configuration - for instance, debug is always disabled, just like configuration was not saved at all).

For SkySafari I used the recommended configuration with Maede LX 200 Classic / Equatorial Goto mount type, localhost address (for MacOs - the virtual machine address for the test under Ubuntu) and default port (9624). SkySafari confirms that it can connect to the server on selected port, but it finds the scope to be unresponsive.

I'm attaching the screenshot of SkySafari error, the screenshot of Indi Control Panel and the logs (Ubuntu virtual machine). As far as I understand, however, there's nothing useful in the logs.

Could you please suggest how to proceed? Thanks in advance.

Alessio
6 years 11 months ago #16646
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Eric Vickery on topic SkySafari middleware?

I have the same issue.
6 years 11 months ago #16651

• Thank you received: 2
in this page : indilib.org/devices/telescopes/skysafari.html I see : select "LX200 GPS" in Skysafari.
Maybe you can solve your problem?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alessio Beltrame
6 years 11 months ago #16689

• Thank you received: 5
Nice observation dragon lost. Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem. In a way, indi_skysafari is hearing, but it is not listening at all.
6 years 11 months ago #16696

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic SkySafari middleware?

SkySafari issue for Mac already fixed, please wait until we release the next DMG soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alessio Beltrame
6 years 11 months ago #16701

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Keith Cobby on topic SkySafari middleware?

SkySafari 5 Plus Works great from a Samsung Tablet over dedicated Wifi with the driver running on a primary RPi3 thats in chain to the Ekos client via Ethernet to a KDE Neon laptop.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 11 months ago #16706

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic SkySafari middleware?

Got to test the SkySafari driver tonight live with RPI3 Indi server and CGEM. Worked really !!

Thank you!
6 years 11 months ago #16717

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by norikyu on topic SkySafari middleware?

I tested it with RPi3 INDI server and celestron AVX.
I could use SkySafari 5. Great!

Does "Set Time & Location" in "Common Setting" of SkySafari work?
This option is useful for initial setting to AVX.
6 years 11 months ago #16735

The setting time and location is something that I have not worked though yet, symptoms ranged form:

1. time zone off
2. location being set to 0's for long/lat

Currently I am working with Device updates RPI3, so see if it helps. Once running I need to confirm thing with the HC for now, between Ekos and CGEM. Until I resolve this, the sky safari update I am leaving off.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Stephen.
6 years 11 months ago #16741

The code same is from the iAstrohub (github.com/aruangra/iAstroHub). It involved creating a settings file to upload to Skysafari for the current rotational view. This is the file with the relevant text settings: github.com/aruangra/iAstroHub/blob/master/www/AM_convert.py

How to implement within Ekos is not clear to me. Perhaps a button that is enabled after a platesolve, that allows for the download of the settings file to use on Skysafari? Prior to the astroberry image, I was working on a control web page, and this was going to be one of the control buttons to get the file. Astroberry image is far better than what I had in mind and so it is by wayside now.
6 years 10 months ago #16838

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by norikyu on topic SkySafari middleware?

Hi.
I made a patch corresponding to commands <SG>, <SL>, <SC> from SkySafari.
This patch can set the time information from SkySafari to the corresponding mount.
Turn on "Set Time & Location" of SkySafari.
You will be able to set the latitude, longitude and time using the GPS of the smartphone.

It worked with Celestron AVX and SkySafari 5 Plus (Android).
Someone please test this patch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Paweł
6 years 10 months ago #16851
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.216 seconds